Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-08-2018, 06:08 PM   #91
mietek81
Connoisseur
mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Glo, H2O
Hmm.. My H2O doesn't have a second page in Energy Saving. Is it "Automatically share data about the features you use"?
mietek81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2018, 06:18 PM   #92
koboy
Evangelist
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mietek81 View Post
Hmm.. My H2O doesn't have a second page in Energy Saving. Is it "Automatically share data about the features you use"?

that's the one, just tick the box.

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 06:21 PM   #93
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura H2O, Aura HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by mietek81 View Post
That's the one. Just remember that it will also disable book statistics which some seem to love.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 06:28 PM   #94
mietek81
Connoisseur
mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Glo, H2O
Thanks guys for all the help
mietek81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 01:17 AM   #95
vjjustin
Enthusiast
vjjustin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
It's a locale setting in the config file (or it used to be anyway). I changed mine to en_GB or something I think to get it to display 24h. Maybe en_US will turn it back to 12h for you? ('en' being the language...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by npr View Post
[ApplicationPreferences]
CurrentLocale=en_US ----------that gave a 12 hour clock

Changed it to:

[ApplicationPreferences]
CurrentLocale=en_GB ----------this gives a 24 hour clock (after restarting)
I am really sorry, I forgot to reply. This worked; thank you for the help.
This may not be the new default settings. I was trying to make the custom dictionary as the default one and may be changed the language/locale settings, not sure.
Sorry again for not replying sooner.
vjjustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 03:20 AM   #96
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjjustin View Post
I am really sorry, I forgot to reply. This worked; thank you for the help.

This may not be the new default settings. I was trying to make the custom dictionary as the default one and may be changed the language/locale settings, not sure.

Sorry again for not replying sooner.

No problem, I'm glad you got it to work!
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 01:44 PM   #97
volpo
Groupie
volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Book specific stats: Add BookSpecificStats=true to the [Features strings] section of .kobo/Kobo eReader.conf.
Does this work on a Glo HD? I didn't have the section mentioned [Features Strings] and so added it. I don't know where to look to see if the feature has been activated.

(Glo HD with firmware 4.8.11073)

Thanks
volpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 01:45 PM   #98
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Glo HD, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by volpo View Post
Does this work on a Glo HD? I didn't have the section mentioned [Features Strings] and so added it. I don't know where to look to see if the feature has been activated.

Thanks
If the section does not exist, just add it; it's as simple as that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 02:10 PM   #99
volpo
Groupie
volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
If the section does not exist, just add it; it's as simple as that.
Did that but where to look for the stats of books other than the one I'm reading.

Thanks.
Old 06-14-2018, 07:42 PM   #100
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD, Aura ONE
Quote:
Did that but where to look for the stats of books other than the one I'm reading.
It is on the menu for the book in the library list and on the home screen. And it will only be displayed if the book has annotations.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 12:25 AM   #101
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura H2O, Aura HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air, Tolino epos
Quote:

Thanks
The section name is FeatureSettings. I've posted the segment from my Aura One.

Code:
[FeatureSettings]
BookSpecificStats=true
Screenshots=true
Generally, don't add the Screenshots line unless you have a sleep cover as the power button will now trigger the screenshot and not sleep or power off unless you hold it long enough for the forced power off.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 06:53 PM   #102
volpo
Groupie

Thank you PeterT, DNSB, and davidfor for your help with my bookstats question.

V