Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-28-2022, 04:49 AM   #46
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Amazon Kindle -- updated 28 Jun 2022

Forum | Updates | Wiki | Specs --- Released | Lowest Price | Sale Price --- 20% Trade-In

11th Gen Models - 202110th Gen Models - 2019Additional Specs
  • Kindle models have a pixel density of 167 ppi and are NOT waterproof.
  • Oasis and Paperwhite models have a pixel density of 300 ppi and are waterproof (IPX8).
================================================== ==========

Last edited by tubemonkey; 06-28-2022 at 05:34 AM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 04:17 PM   #47
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookstooge View Post
I clicked on the link, but still couldn't tell, are any of these meant to be played on the Fire? My wife loves little tablet games and since we're prime members....
All of the free games are for PC, unfortunately. The In-game content, free with Prime section has in-game bonuses and some of those are for games that can be played on tablets, but your wife probably doesn't play any of those. The're mostly free-to-play multiplayer games that are designed to get people to spend as much money as possible, with game play secondary.

It's still worth scanning the list to see if there's a game she plays, though. For most of those the game has to be installed from Amazon's app store, so it's pretty much Android/FireOS tablets only.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2022, 06:08 PM   #48
Bookstooge
Guru
Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1st Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
All of the free games are for PC, unfortunately. The In-game content, free with Prime section has in-game bonuses and some of those are for games that can be played on tablets, but your wife probably doesn't play any of those. The're mostly free-to-play multiplayer games that are designed to get people to spend as much money as possible, with game play secondary.

It's still worth scanning the list to see if there's a game she plays, though. For most of those the game has to be installed from Amazon's app store, so it's pretty much Android/FireOS tablets only.
Thanks. I guess I'll let her look through and decide. I was just hoping something would be obvious so I could be like "here honey, I bought you this wonderful game"
Bookstooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 08:23 PM   #49
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
$2 Prime Day Credit (Limited) -- exp 13 Jul @ 11:59 pm PT

$2 credit for scrolling down Page -- Limited to 3,125 credits per day -- YMMV

This is a really weird offer from Amazon & Affirm. You can get $2 credit to use on Prime Day by just visiting the page and scrolling to the bottom, but it's limited to 3,125 credits per day. If you can check it soon after midnight PT, it's worth a shot. If you can't check until later in the day, it's probably not worth the effort. The top of the page will say if all credits are already taken.
I just now (5:20 pm PT) earned the $2 credit. Go figure.
Old 06-28-2022, 08:29 PM   #50
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Thanks, tm! I saw this and clicked and I got it too.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2022, 08:33 PM   #51
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Re: Affirm credit for scrolling...

Quote:
Me too! At 5:30pm PT time. Obviously the masses are not impressed with this offer... I have bookmarked the page and will try again daily since I apparently don't have anything better to do with my time.
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 09:15 PM   #52
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrant View Post
Me too! At 5:30pm PT time. Obviously the masses are not impressed with this offer... I have bookmarked the page and will try again daily since I apparently don't have anything better to do with my time.
Fine print says one per customer.

My guess is that the credits are released at a random time each day, which makes much more sense and explains why the three of us were able to grab it at the same time. Why they made it sound as if your finger had to be on the button at 3 AM ET is beyond me.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 11:19 PM   #53
rxmom03
Addict
rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pixel 8, iPad Air, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Wow, are they deliberately trying to piss people off? I’m supposed to set my alarm for 2:59 AM so I can have a minuscule shot at a $2 credit that will involve my spending more money? Are they out of their minds? The only effect of this will be to turn people off from using Affirm.

Some of Amazon’s promotions are headscratchers, some involve jumping through too many hoops, but this one really takes the biscuit.
Luckily I am working night shift this week, so I have set my alarm and will see if I can get some part of this $2!
rxmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 01:39 AM   #54
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxmom03 View Post
Luckily I am working night shift this week, so I have set my alarm and will see if I can get some part of this $2!
It appears that Amazon is shuffling the start times for this promo. I tried at midnight last night and struck out. Today, I tried at 5:20 pm PT and snagged the credit, as did several others (see previous 4 posts above yours).

That's not to say it can't happen at midnight PT, but I wouldn't count on it.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 06-29-2022 at 01:59 AM. Reason: typo
Old 06-29-2022, 03:04 AM   #55
rxmom03
Addict
rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pixel 8, iPad Air, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
It appears that Amazon is shuffling the start times for this promo. I tried at midnight last night and struck out. Today, I tried at 5:20 pm PT and snagged the credit, as did several others (see previous 4 posts above yours).

That's not to say it can't happen at midnight PT, but I wouldn't count on it.
It didn't happen With my luck, they are restarting during the day during my week of nights
rxmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 07:07 AM   #56
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I think my time is more valuable than trying to score $2.00 scrolling down a page multiple days.
Apacxhe
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 08:29 AM   #57
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I think my time is more valuable than trying to score $2.00 scrolling down a page multiple days.
Apacxhe
But it's $2. That's two whole dollars. Let that sink in.

For me, it was serendipity. I was on the Amazon home page and accidentally clicked the banner instead of the search bar. Lo and behold, it was Affirm. When the page loaded, it prompted me to scroll. So I did and scored $2. Pure happenstance.
Old 06-29-2022, 10:41 AM   #58
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Amazon has a deal that if you download the Amazon Photo app and upload photos, you will get a $20 credit to use only during Prime Day on the first order you place $40 or more. I just got my credit, so it works. Requirement is that you have a Prime Account. Deal ends on July 8.
https://www.amazon.com/b/?tag=mr060-20&node=23920083011
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 11:50 AM   #59
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
And, sadly, a requirement that you haven't uploaded a photo before, which I did as part of the similar, but not quite as good IMS, offer last year. Sigh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Amazon has a deal that if you download the Amazon Photo app and upload photos, you will get a $20 credit to use only during Prime Day on the first order you place $40 or more. I just got my credit, so it works. Requirement is that you have a Prime Account. Deal ends on July 8.
https://www.amazon.com/b/?tag=mr060-20&node=23920083011
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 12:04 PM   #60
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I came across this deal page for Amazon Prime Day with early specials. Some are applicable here, but be aware that I've never been able to get the gift card to work on ebooks. There is an offer for Kindle Unlimited as well as Prime Music (which I would use while reading...).

https://techwaltz.com/amazon-prime-d...ind-right-now/
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote