Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-16-2014, 11:08 PM   #1
Dasha
Connoisseur
Dasha began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Can't Find My Amazon Kindle Files on My PC. But Refund given.

Now I know why I bought a Galaxy Tablet?
Hi all I Just Purchased 2 eBook Kindle Content Digital Files from Amazon and I cannot find them on my PC? I went Via the Amazon Buy Page Download to “D....S Kindle USB” purchase Route But No Files?
I have the File Numbers and Receipts. I tried to Get a Refund Immediately and Got None.
The Problem I have is I can read the Files on Moon Reader “I Think” as Mobi Files but I cannot Find them to do that ? Where in my "PC Directory" would they be’ they are not in the Usual places. I do not use Kindle E Reader anymore- I am on a Galaxy Tab 3110 with Moon Reader, Is there a “Kindle Reader App for Galaxy Tab 3110” would that work If I can find the Files anyways I have the Receipt Numbers but no files and I spent an Hour trying to contact Amazon for a Refund Believe Me there is “nobody home in Amazon” Cheers Dasha
Dasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:21 PM   #2
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasha View Post
Is there a “Kindle Reader App for Galaxy Tab 3110” would that work If I can find the Files
I'm sorry, I can't quite figure out what you're trying to say in the rest of your post. But there's a simple answer to this question:

"Kindle for Android"
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=165849822
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2014, 11:41 PM   #3
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
On my computer there is a folder in Documents with the title "My Kindle Content." Files download there when I send books to Kindle to pc. Might try looking to see if there is a similar folder there on your computer.

Edit: I tried an experiment and the book I downloaded from my MYK page downloaded to the folder that I had chosen as my folder to download to. If you have set a particular folder as the place to download files to and just choose save and click on 'ok' in the save to computer popup you should find your books in the folder that you have designated for downloads to go to. Hope this is of some help.

Last edited by crich70; 01-17-2014 at 12:03 AM.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:29 AM   #4
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Now I know why I bought a Galaxy Tablet?
Hi all I Just Purchased 2 eBook Kindle Content Digital Files from Amazon and I cannot find them on my PC? I went Via the Amazon Buy Page Download to “D....S Kindle USB” purchase Route But No Files?
I have the File Numbers and Receipts. I tried to Get a Refund Immediately and Got None.
The Problem I have is I can read the Files on Moon Reader “I Think” as Mobi Files but I cannot Find them to do that ? Where in my "PC Directory" would they be’ they are not in the Usual places. I do not use Kindle E Reader anymore- I am on a Galaxy Tab 3110 with Moon Reader, Is there a “Kindle Reader App for Galaxy Tab 3110” would that work If I can find the Files anyways I have the Receipt Numbers but no files and I spent an Hour trying to contact Amazon for a Refund Believe Me there is “nobody home in Amazon” Cheers Dasha
Unless you know the files are DRM-free, you can't assume they'll be readable anywhere outside a Kindle reading app.

Amazon returns are via the web and most of their customer service via email. Often, they will phone you.

Kindle for android should solve your problems, as stated above.
It's actually a pretty good reading app on Tablets.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:57 AM   #5
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
Dasha, I see you have a Kindle. Why not just get your books on that? Or, as others suggest, use the Kindle for Android app. No need to use the PC at all.
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2014, 08:27 AM   #6
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Dasha, you have to read them using the Kindle App because they have DRM. There is a small percentage of books without DRM on Amazon.

If you want to read them on your Galaxy using an e-reader app that is not the Kindle app, you will have to look into removing DRM.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:41 AM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
There is a small percentage of books without DRM on Amazon.
I'd say it's not that small of a percentage, unless you're only looking at books from the big New York publishing houses. A very large number of self-pubbed and small publisher books on Amazon don't use DRM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:43 PM   #8
Dasha
Connoisseur

Wow You guys are great thanks to all of you I will try and thank and respond to each of you in one Post.
Firstly: crich70 Thanks for your help I got my money Back. But I still want those books I can find the C\Doc\MyKindleCont in my Doc’s (Win 8) but the files were not there?
I have gone into my Amazon Acc > Manage Devices and Deregistered (removed the choices) of ‘Kindle to iPad, Kindle to USB they were “grayed out” anyway? I have renamed Kindle to PC App too “Kindle to PC” crich70 If I purchase them again and send them > Amazon >“Kindle to PC” will the files go to “My Kindle Content" now on my PC”? Will I just move them onto the “Kindle for Android App” on my Galaxy from there is that the Plan
DRM does not worry me": I only want to read and discard. I Dont share all my files with my Family they are not into this stuff. I no longer use my Kindle for all the above reasons Amazon need to be pulled into line for what they are doing, its against the Restrictive Trade Act and it’s illegal!
I figured what happened those other files as ‘Kindle to USB’ method were waiting in my Amazon Acc Library to be transferred to My old Kindle”they were never on my PC? Can any of you Guys put me onto a “eBook Lend Library” where I can “borrow” these books? I Registered with WordCat they have the books I want but now I don’t know if I can borrow Ebook’s there ? Is there a world Ebook Library?
So crich70 meeera ProfCrash AnemicOak Thank you all soooo much for your time you have all helped me enormously getting the Kindle for Android App right now. Thanks to you all Dasha

Last edited by Dasha; 01-17-2014 at 05:46 PM.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:50 PM   #9
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
C\Doc\MyKindleCont in my Doc’s (Win 8) but the files were not there?

There is your problem! I too have a new HP with Win 8 the App that came with it doesn't work!!! So I DELETED it then to Amazon & Downloaded Kindle App for PC Win 7 Works like a charm! Then the rest is like everyone one else told you.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:51 PM   #10
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I have renamed Kindle to PC App too “Kindle to PC” crich70 If I purchase them again and send them > Amazon >“Kindle to PC” will the files go to “My Kindle Content" now on my PC”?
As long as you're using the regular version of Kindle for PC and not the Windows 8 metro app, the Metro app stores the books differently.

Quote:
Will I just move them onto the “Kindle for Android App” on my Galaxy from there is that the Plan
No. Kindle DRM is per device, so books downloaded for Kindle for PC won't work on another Kindle device/app (unless the DRM is removed). To get them into Kindle for Android you'd want to download them directly from within the app itself.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:53 PM   #11
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
DRM will restrict the file to the app or device that you originally downloaded the file for, so you can't download to K4PC and then copy it to Kindle for Android.

Your local library may have Kindle ebooks. Go to Overdrive.com and check.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:46 PM   #12
Dasha
Connoisseur

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
As long as you're using the regular version of Kindle for PC and not the Windows 8 metro app, the Metro app stores the books differently.
So I can stil create another "Kindle to USB in my Amazon Library "To Menu Having Connected the Tablet 3110 with Kindle For Android on it first? and send it straight to the Tablet from Amazon Pay opening it once is that what you mean?

No. Kindle DRM is per device, so books downloaded for Kindle for PC won't work on another Kindle device/app (unless the DRM is removed). To get them into Kindle for Android you'd want to download them directly from within the app itself.
Like I said above is that OK
Dasha

Last edited by Dasha; 01-17-2014 at 06:52 PM.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:25 PM   #13
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
So I can stil create another "Kindle to USB in my Amazon Library "To Menu Having Connected the Tablet 3110 with Kindle For Android on it first? and send it straight to the Tablet from Amazon Pay opening it once is that what you mean?
You have three options.

When buying a book select to deliver it to your Android device or if you had it delivered to some other device then go to amazon.com/myk and have to book delivered to your Android device that way. The other method is to open the app on the Android device and download it from the cloud to the device from there. Download to USB transfer only works for eInk Kindle's and Kindle Fire's.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:31 PM   #14
Dasha
Connoisseur

Okay thank to you all I will Just buy it from somwhere Else if I cannot do that then I will put it down to the fact that this is what the world has become Thanks to you all for your hel I greatly appreciate it cheers Dasha
Old 01-18-2014, 01:27 AM   #15
Jyster
Enthusiast
Jyster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jyster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jyster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jyster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jyster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jyster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jyster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jyster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jyster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jyster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jyster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Im not to familiar with Win8, but in other versions, you go to the start menu and at the bottom is a search function, type in the name of the book and it should show you the location. You can also search by ext also, "*.pdf" of whatever the ext is.
Jyster is offline   Reply With Quote