Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-09-2020, 01:23 PM   #61
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I cannot speak about the Py3 part, but the test version is working on 4.8.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 05:14 PM   #62
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I did install the portable version of 4.99.3 and gave it a quick try. It seemed to be working. I've since uninstalled 4.99.3 due to issues with some plugins I use that have not yet been converted,
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2020, 09:03 PM   #63
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I did install the portable version of 4.99.3 and gave it a quick try. It seemed to be working. I've since uninstalled 4.99.3 due to issues with some plugins I use that have not yet been converted,
Fair enough, thanks. I'm not using it much yet either.
Old 10-21-2020, 03:04 PM   #64
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

FYI, noting this here because I just discovered it:

The 2nd point below also applies to translated strings. But using the .favourites_menu_unique_name property mentioned would mean that Favourites would not benefit from translated strings.

In practice, I don't think it's a big deal for anyone who chooses one language and sticks with it. But it did surprise me while testing translated language support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Notes for other plugin developers
  1. As of v1.0.3 Favourites Menu will support a plugin with its menus being rebuilt every time it is displayed (such as to enable/disable items based on the current state of calibre). The pattern for this is that your InterfaceAction class should have a .menu property representing the QMenu, and you will ordinarily have code hooked to the aboutToShow signal. When the Favourites Menu plugin is asked to dropdown will iterate through all of the child plugins it is being asked to display items for and (once per plugin) emit the iaction.menu.aboutToShow signal for any plugins that have such a .menu property.
  2. If your plugin changes the name of a child item dynamically this can cause a problem for the Favourites Menu plugin (as it uses the text name displayed by a plugin as part of the "key" identifying a menu item). For instance the Reading List plugin includes a count of the items in a child list for some of its actions. To ensure such menu items can be supported by the Reading List plugin, you should simply assign a constant identifying name for the menu item to a .favourites_menu_unique_name property on your qaction at the time you create it. The Favourites Menu plugin will look for such a property being present and use that in preference to the current text name if it is present.
Old 10-30-2020, 07:24 AM   #65
jpijper
Enthusiast
jpijper began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook HD3 (PB632)
Is there a way to assign a keyboard shortcut to the favourites menu?
jpijper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2020, 02:29 PM   #66
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Not currently.

I thought it would be easy to add code to allow it, but it turns out it isn't. Or at least, I'm not figuring it out.

It's the difference between a menu and a direct action. I can't find a single example in Calibre of a menu that can be invoked by a keyboard shortcut instead of an action in a menu.

Which makes sense in at least one regard: Where would the menu come up? Usually the menu is anchored to where it's invoked in the toolbar, menubar or context menu.

I'm not going to work on this anymore--unless someone else can tell me how to do it. (And it's relatively easy.)
Old 10-30-2020, 04:25 PM   #67
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
<snip>

Which makes sense in at least one regard: Where would the menu come up? Usually the menu is anchored to where it's invoked in the toolbar, menubar or context menu.
<snip>
had that discussion with kiwidude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpijper View Post
Is there a way to assign a keyboard shortcut to the favourites menu?
FWIW: I have the Favourites plugin menu as the topmost item in the book list context menu.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 05:20 AM   #68
jpijper
Enthusiast

Quote:
Not currently.

I thought it would be easy to add code to allow it, but it turns out it isn't. Or at least, I'm not figuring it out.

It's the difference between a menu and a direct action. I can't find a single example in Calibre of a menu that can be invoked by a keyboard shortcut instead of an action in a menu.

I'm not going to work on this anymore--unless someone else can tell me how to do it. (And it's relatively easy.)

Thanks for going to all this trouble. I can live without it, but for a keyboard guy like myself it would have been nice
Old 10-31-2020, 07:37 AM   #69
jpijper
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
FWIW: I have the Favourites plugin menu as the topmost item in the book list context menu.
Thanks for this tip! This way I can reach the favourites menu using just the keyboard. If only my laptop had a menu key ... Shift-F10 is a combo that for some reason my fingers always find troublesome
Old 10-31-2020, 05:27 PM   #70
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpijper View Post
Thanks for this tip! This way I can reach the favourites menu using just the keyboard. If only my laptop had a menu key ... Shift-F10 is a combo that for some reason my fingers always find troublesome
One handed shift+anykey are a no-go combo for me, because it has a menu key is one of the reasons I have a Surface Go.

BR
Old 11-24-2020, 01:44 PM   #71
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Any idea why the Library Codes menu items would not work right in the Favourites menu?

Discussion in the LC thread starting here with more details: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...76#post4061276
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 07:31 PM   #72
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

I think this issue is related to this plugin.

I set my interface language to French and switched to my test library in order to respond to a problem in the Viewer sub-forum.

I forgot to switch back to English before trying to use calibre, I wanted to switch to my Books library, so I tapped the context menu key, then right arrow, which resulted in this

Click image for larger version

Name:	a.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	185741

The Quick switch, Switch create library…, EpubSplit, and Quality Check options are disabled - as evidenced by missing icons .

When I switched back to English the Quick switch option was restored, but Switch create library…, EpubSplit, and Quality Check remain disabled:

Name:	b.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	185742

In guess I'll have to completely remove Favourites and set it up again.

BR
Old 03-03-2021, 08:10 PM   #73
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Interesting.

I assume it has something to do with FM remembering the string which then changes with language.

However, I would have expected them to start working again when you switched back to the language you originally configured them with.

I'll look into it, see what I can figure out. Probably tomorrow tho.
Old 03-03-2021, 08:34 PM   #74
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

I'm attaching the Favorites json file. Nothing leapt out at me.

No hurry.

BR
Attached Files
File Type: zip Favourites Menu.json.zip (617 Bytes, 209 views)
Old 03-03-2021, 09:01 PM   #75
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

damn being a minimalist, I'd forgotten I removed the EpubSplit and Quality Check plugins

I was able to remove the dead Switch/create library… option in plugin configuration and add it back again.

There is a difference in the old and new json files, viz:

Name:	Screenshot 2021-03-04 125315.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	185744

Sorry for the false alarm. Snookered by my own off break - the language switch Maybe a msg could be popped if an item in the plugin's json can't be mapped to a valid target action.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-03-2021 at 09:53 PM.