Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old Yesterday, 06:28 PM   #91
pzack
Connoisseur
pzack began at the beginning.

Device: kobo sage,elipsa
Hello, DNSB-David,

Thank you much for responding and for the notepad information.

I did the show all characters that you recommended and I see only CR symbols for return. Nothing other than that.

Any ideas?

Cordially,
pz
pzack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:30 PM   #92
pzack
Connoisseur

Good evening M. Sarmat89,

Using the information the responder DNSB kindly gave me I did a show all characters in notepad on the tsv file. No tab indications at all just CR for line return.

Cordially,
pz
Old Yesterday, 06:46 PM   #93
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzack View Post
Hello, DNSB-David,

Thank you much for responding and for the notepad information.

I did the show all characters that you recommended and I see only CR symbols for return. Nothing other than that.

Any ideas?

Cordially,
pz
This was on your original input file where the head word should have been separated from the pronunciation/definition by a tab character?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:11 PM   #94
pzack
Connoisseur

Goodevening M. Sarmat89 and DNSB-David,

This message updates what I just sent to both of you this evening.

There are,in fact, some tabs but only scattered throughout. I searched the tabbed word in the dictionary in koreader. The word is found, however, only the line containing the headword and whatever part of the definition on that line is shown. The lines of definition after the tabbed headword line are not shown.

Nevertheless, this is progress and I think that we are on the right track.

The question is why certain head words are tabbed and the majority not tabbed and how to get the entire definition read with its headword.

Your help so far has begun to pay-off, thankyou.

Very cordially,
pz
Old Yesterday, 08:27 PM   #95
Sarmat89
Addict
Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Please post somr lines that don't have tabs in them.
Sarmat89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:41 AM   #96
Comfy.n
Groupie
Comfy.n has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Calibre E-book viewer/ PW3
There's a world of dictionaries in e-book format waiting to be converted for electronic use, that's so lamentable
Comfy.n is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
pyglossary