Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-06-2022, 07:04 PM   #226
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
For what it's worth, I'm using calibre 6.40, ASCM 0.0.16 (the author is dropping the De from the from of the name to match with other input plugins such as KDP Input, KePub Input, etc and noDRM's DeDRM 10.0.3.

When you import an ACSM file, does it show as an ePub in calibre's library? That will let you know if the ACSM input plugin is functioning.

Note that removing DRM only occurs on import to calibre and you need to have the correct information in DeDRM. For more help on DeDRM and configuration, see Discussions on the github NoDRM site.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 04:05 AM   #227
Leseratte_10
Groupie
Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB Era, PB InkPad 3 Pro
Calibre 6 doesn't really change that much, it just requires updates to all plugins (both my ACSM plugin and the DeDRM plugin) because of a QT upgrade.

As DNSB already wrote, check if the ACSM file turns into an EPUB/PDF and you just get the "This book is protected by DRM", or if the ACSM file imports as-is and fails to turn into an EPUB or PDF.

In the first case, you'll need to ask on the DeDRM Github page. In the second case (or if you're unsure), you can post a log file here and I'll take a look.

Just click on the drop-down arrow next to the "Preferences" button, then click "Restart in debug mode". Once Calibre restarted, import the ACSM file then close Calibre. A text editor should then open with a log file that you can post here.
Leseratte_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 07:47 PM   #228
clayesq
clayesq began at the beginning.

Device: iBooks (iOS, Mac)
Thanks for the input. When I input an ACSM file, I get a blue square that has the title/author... when I try to convert that, I get the "protected by DRM" popup... Will run a debugger next time and run that by you...
clayesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 10:40 AM   #229
Thotnacht
Thotnacht began at the beginning.

Device: PC, Android-Tablet
Hello,
I'm Newbie in calibre and especially interested in the DeACSM plugin. I encountered your post concerning this here and it's very comprehensive. I've already downloaded the DeACSM-ZIP with all the files.
Just tell me, how do I install the DeACSM into calibre? Would be nice to hear from you.
Greetings
Thotnacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 01:40 PM   #230
Leseratte_10
Groupie
Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Same as with any other Calibre plugin - open "Preferences", click "Plugins", then "Load plugin from file", then select the ZIP file.
Old 09-26-2022, 05:32 PM   #231
MarioCardoso27
MarioCardoso27 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leseratte_10 View Post
As DNSB already wrote, check if the ACSM file turns into an EPUB/PDF and you just get the "This book is protected by DRM", or if the ACSM file imports as-is and fails to turn into an EPUB or PDF.

In the first case, you'll need to ask on the DeDRM Github page. In the second case (or if you're unsure), you can post a log file here and I'll take a look.
Hello! I have the second case, my *.acsm doesn't turn in a Epub/PDF.
I attached the log as your instructions. Can you see it, please? Thank you!
Attached Files
File Type: txt tmpn0t1lwnn.txt (4.2 KB, 50 views)
MarioCardoso27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 07:09 PM   #232
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioCardoso27 View Post
Hello! I have the second case, my *.acsm doesn't turn in a Epub/PDF.
I attached the log as your instructions. Can you see it, please? Thank you!
Looking at the log file, it seems as if the ACSM plugin was unable to parse your URLLINK.acsm file and the .acsm file was just added to calibre. The DeDRM plugin was never invoked.

Do you still have the URLLINK.acsm file around? If so try opening it and seeing if it looks like a valid .acsm file. Take a look at A brief look at ACSM files to get an idea of what the contents of an .acsm file look like.

One note is that the referenced web page leaves out a rather important item for library loans which is that after the <purchase>?</purchase> tag, there is an expiration tag after which you are no longer allowed to use that .acsm file and will need to obtain a new one.

Last edited by DNSB; 09-26-2022 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Edit: added note
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 11:44 PM   #233
Leseratte_10
Groupie

Just looking at that log and the call trace, it's failing while downloading the license service certificate in `fetchLicenseServiceCertificate`.

That's at least going to be a somewhat-valid ACSM, otherwise it wouldn't get that far. And it's unlikely to have to do anything with the particular book or an expired loan; that doesn't have any effect on that certificate. I have never ever seen an ACSM where the path to that licensing cert URL has parameters or is different depending on the loan.

To me this looks like a server error, especially with that HTTP 404. What book shop / store is that ACSM file from?

If the error still occurs, can you create a verbose log (go to the plugin preferences then enable "Verbose debug logging") and send that to me? With that verbose log I can probably determine if that error is something that prevents the book download entirely or if I can just modify the plugin to ignore this error.

Last edited by Leseratte_10; 09-26-2022 at 11:53 PM.
Old 09-27-2022, 04:17 PM   #234
MarioCardoso27

Quote:
To me this looks like a server error, especially with that HTTP 404. What book shop / store is that ACSM file from?

If the error still occurs, can you create a verbose log (go to the plugin preferences then enable "Verbose debug logging") and send that to me? With that verbose log I can probably determine if that error is something that prevents the book download entirely or if I can just modify the plugin to ignore this error.
Sorry for the delay in my response!

I'm trying to download a book from www.bertrand.pt (Portuguese store). If I just open the ACSM file, it opens fine in the Adobe Digital Editions software.

Here, take the verbose log please! Thank you
Attached Files
File Type: txt tmp6ossn0mv verbose.txt (9.3 KB, 46 views)
Old 09-27-2022, 11:40 PM   #235
Leseratte_10
Groupie

Thanks. Is this the first book you tried downloading with the plugin or have you successfully downloaded other books before?

Can you try downloading this Adobe sample book through the plugin and if that works, try your ACSM file again after that (and see if it works then)?

Last edited by Leseratte_10; 09-28-2022 at 01:51 AM.
Old 09-28-2022, 01:39 PM   #236
MarioCardoso27

Quote:
Thanks. Is this the first book you tried downloading with the plugin or have you successfully downloaded other books before?

Can you try downloading this Adobe sample book through the plugin and if that works, try your ACSM file again after that (and see if it works then)?
Hello there!
It worked!

It was the was the first book I tried to download.
But now, with the sample you have provided, it worked. Then it worked just fine with my file too! Thank you very much!
Do you need any more logs or something?
Old 09-28-2022, 04:28 PM   #237
Leseratte_10
Groupie

Nope, thanks for confirming. That's a bug on the book store's server where they broke an endpoint / function that's only used to download some initial data at the very first fulfillment with a new authorization.

Apparently nobody noticed because people usually already have an existing ADE setup. Fulfilling / downloading another book from a non-broken server (like the one I linked) then downloaded that data and after that it worked with the broken store, too.

I'll see if I can make the plugin ignore that error if it occurs, or if that initial data is really necessary.
Old 09-30-2022, 03:09 PM   #238
Patricia1066
Zealot
Patricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kindle PW 10th gen, Kindle Fire 7 9th gen, Kindle KB 3rd gen
I have purchased epub books from Rakuten, and want to download the books. The ascm file does not download correctly as my account email does not match the email address that is associated with the ADE account on your amazing plugin.

I enabled verbose logging but have not located the logfile after closing down calibre.

I use Chromebook so cannot access ADE in order to set up an authorised account. Perhaps I can change the bookseller account email address that is associated with the ebook?
Patricia1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 04:29 PM   #239
Leseratte_10
Groupie

The email you have in your Rakuten account doesn't really matter, what matters is if the ACSM files are already linked to a different ADE account. If you just bought books and downloaded the ACSM file and it doesn't work, I'll need the log file to check why that happens.

To get to that log file, click on the dropdown arrow next to "Preferences" then select "Restart Calibre in debug mode" or something like that. Then import the ACSM and close calibre and the log file should automatically open.
Old 10-01-2022, 10:35 AM   #240
Patricia1066
Zealot
Patricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kindle PW 10th gen, Kindle Fire 7 9th gen, Kindle KB 3rd gen
Thanks @Leseratte_10, the txt file is attached

Last edited by Patricia1066; 10-01-2022 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Removed txt file
Patricia1066 is offline   Reply With Quote