Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-20-2022, 12:49 PM   #7561
chantolove
chantolove began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hey! As you might have seen, there's increasing rumors of FFN as a site being abandoned and on the verge of crashing. I was looking for a way to mass archive fics, and I came across a recommendation for your plugin. Amazing that it's still being updated, tysm for maintaining it so long!

I was wondering if it still runs into issues with FFN's rate-limiting stuff? Or if that's been worked around since the reddit thread I found a year ago discussing it. I've set up a test, but I don't want to leave it running all day and then come back to my computer to see something's gone wrong and I've wasted time haha. Is there a recommended 'max' amount of fics to download at once or anything?
chantolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 05:10 PM   #7562
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
@chantolove:

Please don't try to use FanFicFare for mass archive.

It is not intended for that purpose and it doesn't work well with it.

We've had to use various work arounds to get anything at all out of ffnet for a couple years now.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 08:48 PM   #7563
ownedbycats
Wizard
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (retired), Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
New Test Version Posted

2022-09-20
- Fixes for add_category/genre_when_multi_category settings. #884
What's the nature of the glitch? I use that setting.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 09:22 PM   #7564
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
What's the nature of the glitch? I use that setting.
https://github.com/JimmXinu/FanFicFare/issues/884

Before the fix, if you repeatedly did "Update metadata from stored column" with add_genre_when_multi_category:Crossover, the stored value of genre would end up with multiple copies of Crossover.

In practice, it basically never mattered. Normal de-duping removed it before use for anything, and a normal (from site) update would overwrite it in the saved metadata column.

add_category_when_multi_category actually needed more attention, getting both a de-dup and a sort step (when needed), and is now applied when keep_in_order_category:true, which didn't happen before.
Old 09-20-2022, 09:35 PM   #7565
ownedbycats
Wizard
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (retired), Kobo Libra H2O
Thanks. I didn't realize the number was for a github ticket.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 12:27 PM   #7566
beaRL
beaRL began at the beginning.

Question

Hi!

I'm trying to download some fics from Chosentwofanfic.com but I have an issue with the series collection.

I'll explain it with an example. I've downloaded a three part series collection ( fic 1 , fic 2 , fic 3) but, I don't know why, it has an incorrect series numbers in calibre and inside the books. For example in this case, the series 2 and 3 have the numbers 4 and 7 (see attached images).

This is my personal.ini:
Code:
[chosentwofanfic.com]
use_basic_cache:true
extra_valid_entries:disclaimer, read, series00,series01, series02, series03, series00Url, series01Url, series02Url,
 series03Url, series00HTML, series01HTML, series02HTML, series03HTML, series04HTML, series05HTML, series06HTML, series07HTML, series08HTML, series09HTML, warning
disclaimer_label: Disclaimer
add_to_titlepage_entries:,disclaimer, read

website_encodings:Windows-1252,utf8,iso-8859-1

## Site dedicated to these categories/characters/ships
extracategories:Buffy the Vampire Slayer (TV)

series00HTML_label:Series 
series01HTML_label:Additional Series 
series02HTML_label:Additional Series 
series03HTML_label:Additional Series 
series04HTML_label:Additional Series 
series05HTML_label:Additional Series 
series06HTML_label:Additional Series 
series07HTML_label:Additional Series 
series08HTML_label:Additional Series 
series09HTML_label:Additional Series  
storyUrl_label:Story URL
author_label:Author
authorUrl_label:Author URL

ships_label:Relationships
warning_label:warning
reads_label:Read

is_adult:true

## This section will override anything in the system defaults or other
## sections here.

[overrides]
## default varies by site.  Set true here to force all sites to
## collect series.
collect_series: true
I don't know what I'm doing wrong . If possible, could you please help me?? thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Captura.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	196699   Click image for larger version

Name:	book.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	196700  
beaRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 09:32 PM   #7567
riothamus
Connoisseur
riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: None
Quote:
Let's not have a big discussion of this here.

But I will say that you probably want to copy the CSS from a FFF download epub to get a more similar appearance.
Thanks for this, I'll give this a shot this weekend.
riothamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 01:29 PM   #7568
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

2022-09-22
- adapter_chosentwofanficcom: Site has several links to each story in a series page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaRL View Post
I'm trying to download some fics from Chosentwofanfic.com but I have an issue with the series collection.
Should be fixed with this test version.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 09-22-2022 at 01:32 PM.
Old 09-22-2022, 09:30 PM   #7569
beaRL
beaRL began at the beginning.

Quote:
New Test Version Posted

2022-09-22
- adapter_chosentwofanficcom: Site has several links to each story in a series page.

Should be fixed with this test version.
Thank you!!
beaRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 12:47 PM   #7570
surpachup
surpachup began at the beginning.

Device: Apple Books, Kindle
Hi,

I have two columns for tags, one contains the original tags of the work, and the other is a custom column with cleaner tags.

I was wondering how could I directly set it in the personal.ini?

I use have this to replace metadata in a column, but this time I would like not to replace, but to affect it to another column.

Quote:
replace_metadata:
fandoms=>Boruto\: Naruto Next Generations=>Naruto
fandoms=>Spider\-Man \- All Media Types=>Marvel
sort like if genre="This Is A Genre" #ctags = "genre"
surpachup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:35 AM   #7571
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by surpachup View Post
I have two columns for tags, one contains the original tags of the work, and the other is a custom column with cleaner tags.
You'll want to use:
  • add_to_extra_valid_entries to make a new metadata entry;
  • include_in_X to copy the existing metadata entry into it;
  • add_to_replace_metadata to change the new metadata entry, and finally;
  • add_to_custom_columns_settings to assign the new entry to a custom column.
Something like:
Code:
[defaults]
add_to_extra_valid_entries:,myfandoms
include_in_myfandoms:fandoms

add_to_replace_metadata:
 myfandoms=>Boruto: Naruto Next Generations=>Naruto

add_to_custom_columns_settings:
 myfandoms=>#myfandoms
I've shown it in [defaults] here, but it doesn't have to be.
See the ini file wiki page for full details about what add_to_ means and section precedence.
Old Yesterday, 11:37 AM   #7572
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

2022-09-26
- Disable Cancel during metadata update ProgBar.
Old Yesterday, 04:32 PM   #7573
surpachup
surpachup began at the beginning.

Device: Apple Books, Kindle
Thank you for the response!

This will all of the existing metadata in the custom column, right? And if so, is there a way afterwards to delete everything that hasn't been replaced?
surpachup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:55 PM   #7574
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by surpachup View Post
This will all of the existing metadata in the custom column, right? And if so, is there a way afterwards to delete everything that hasn't been replaced?
I assume you mean "replace all of the existing". Only if you use custom_columns_settings mode r (for replace, the default) and only if there's some value in myfandoms.

There isn't any mechanism to automatically remove values you haven't changed. You can use the include_metadata_post feature to restrict the list of what's kept.
Old Yesterday, 06:53 PM   #7575
apm
apm began at the beginning.

adult-fanfiction.org Broken

Tried some adult-fanfiction.org links, they seem to be breaking, giving a "'NoneType' object has no attribute 'findAll'" error.

The site seems to have undergone some cosmetic changes, possibly as a result of a malware injection last week, so that might have broken it.
apm is offline   Reply With Quote