Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-26-2009, 12:03 PM   #91
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
?????????
You know.. Prof. Plum, Ms Scarlet, the lead pipe in the conservatory?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:07 PM   #92
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
You know.. Prof. Plum, Ms Scarlet, the lead pipe in the conservatory?

BOb
Had to google it - see what you mean Well, that was all I could remember I've never played clue though, not sure you can get in Denmark.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2009, 01:07 PM   #93
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Clue?

BOb
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 01:24 PM   #94
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Quote:
Had to google it - see what you mean Well, that was all I could remember I've never played clue though, not sure you can get in Denmark.
Can you get the movie version with Tim Curry?
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 01:47 PM   #95
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
Can you get the movie version with Tim Curry?
Found it. Looks fun, looking forward to watch it, thanks

Still not the book, though...
Advert
Old 02-26-2009, 03:34 PM   #96
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Quote:
There's several couples, a single older or middle-aged countess (or something like that) and an older man, who is, I think American or British. He's the one I remember best. He's an atheist and self-awoved cynic, and talks a great deal about this. At some point, during an outing, he talks about being an atheist and a roller-coaster feeling of falling through space it gives to imagine not having some god to hold his hand under one. There's a young woman, too, I think she may be a daughter or niece of one of the other characters.

I think the author may be Italian or perhaps French, but that could be because of the story.
Atheism was just a Red Herring...

Sorry, now PilotBob has Clue running thru my head... (And the song Sh-Boom)

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 03:45 PM   #97
Ea
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
Atheism was just a Red Herring...
-MJ

That roller-coaster ride that the old man describe really stuck in my head. Was great, too. I have gone back to the library, looking for the book, I have tried exploring my memories as best I can, but... to no avail.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:39 PM   #98
GBC
Enthusiast
GBC doesn't litterGBC doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 500, PRS 505, Kindle 3, Kindle Touch
I'm looking for a book that my mother read when she was a child. The only thing she remembers about the book is the main characters name is Orbie Ann or possibly Arbie Ann.

Last edited by GBC; 03-31-2009 at 10:43 AM.
GBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:53 PM   #99
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMartin View Post
Thanks for that. Can't find the book but I did find some other interesting titles by the same author at Baen and have purchased two.
Starquake was the sequel.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:12 PM   #100
Mnementh
Groupie
Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Hoping somebody can help me with this one, i'm trying to find a book (or possibly a series of books) that i remember reading as a kid. The only really standout thing I can remember about it/them is the main character started out as a rejected unwanted kid because he was deformed (Kind of like a hunchback). The story goes through his younger years of life and the trials and tribulations he has to endure. As he gets older it turns out that the deformation on his back is due to him being a member of a little known winged alien race. He then goes about searching out his home planet and people, yada yada. It's this bit that makes me unsure as to whether it was one book or a series of them.

Sorry it's not much to go on I don't even know if it was a kids book ar an adult one as I've been reading adult fiction since i was six.

TIA for any help

Last edited by Mnementh; 05-05-2009 at 08:12 PM. Reason: typo
Mnementh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:37 PM   #101
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Sounds like Flight in Yiktor by Andre Norton (Book 3 in Moonsinger series).
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:49 PM   #102
Mnementh
Groupie
Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Sounds like Flight in Yiktor by Andre Norton (Book 3 in Moonsinger series).
That's the one that was quick. Thank you very much, now I just need to find it as an ebook somewhere.
Mnementh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 02:43 AM   #103
spiggo89
spiggo89 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I'm looking for a book that was about some kind of space/time travel. The main character goes on a ship that heads out to space, they find another ship with cocoons of humans in deep sleep on it, or something similar. At the end the character ends up back in time and tries to kill their past self before they board the ship but doesn't (maybe pulls out handkerchief instead of a gun?).
spiggo89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:41 PM   #104
ChipnDale
Rescue Rangers
ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad
Help with this please:
The artist (photographer maybe) is somewhat of an outcast, his art isn't very good. He meets a girl and after a night together finds out that she has a genetic disorder that makes her bruise very easily but the marks are gone the next day. Together they come up with a plan to write poems and draw pictures on her body and then photograph/paint them. His art takes off and he is in high demand. It is a very interesting love/hate relationship. I think it was set in Seattle or Portland. I was a teenager or in my early 20's when I read this. I thinking it was probably published in the late 80's or early 90's, could be older than that but I doubt newer.
ChipnDale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:48 PM   #105
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDale View Post
Help with this please:
The artist (photographer maybe) is somewhat of an outcast, his art isn't very good. He meets a girl and after a night together finds out that she has a genetic disorder that makes her bruise very easily but the marks are gone the next day. Together they come up with a plan to write poems and draw pictures on her body and then photograph/paint them. His art takes off and he is in high demand. It is a very interesting love/hate relationship. I think it was set in Seattle or Portland. I was a teenager or in my early 20's when I read this. I thinking it was probably published in the late 80's or early 90's, could be older than that but I doubt newer.
Don't know what that one is, but it sounds interesting!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
children's books, christie, forgotten title, four just men, mystery stories, teen sleuths