Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #1
Jeff1192
Connoisseur
Jeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toys

Device: Kobo touch
Kobo Android App

I was pretty excited today when my Android based tablet advised me that there was finally an update for the Android Kobo App. I found it really annoying when I got my tablet that the Android version of the Kobo App was SO far behind the iOs version.

I was pretty disappointed when I downloaded the new version and saw that the only real changes were "optimizations" for Ice Cream Sandwich and updates to the recommended reads (which are just Kobo store ads).

I`m wondering if Kobo has any intentions of bringing their Android app up to date with the iOs version. I find it strange that they allowed the iOs app to get so far ahead of the Android version yet they chose Android as the operating system for the Vox.

Jeff
Jeff1192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:48 PM   #2
m_bisson
Groupie
m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.

Device: kobo touch :)
I uninstalled mine ages ago because it was crappy
m_bisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2012, 06:42 PM   #3
p_a_smith
Me, Myself, but not I
p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Acer 200, Asus FHD, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_bisson View Post
I uninstalled mine ages ago because it was crappy
me too.
p_a_smith is offline   Reply With Quote