Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-20-2011, 01:03 PM   #1
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
Find/Replace Won't Find

Even using 0.4.2, I'm still having trouble getting Sigil's find/replace function to work properly, especially when I'm using emdashes and the like. When trying to replace space-ndash-space with a single mdash, Sigil announces that it's found 0, even when I highlight the ndashes for it to be helpful and use Ctrl-H. This happens on Mac and Linux both.

What's up with that?
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:32 PM   #2
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

On further experimentation, an actual emdash can be found, but — can't, even in Code View.
Advert
Old 09-21-2011, 06:59 AM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Book view should show and match the actual unicode character. Code view should be translating em and en dashes to the entity (&...; ).
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:19 AM   #4
LaoTseu
LaoTseu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindke
When use use a &nnnn; character in Sigil, it get transformed into the actual unicode character so you no longer can search for the string "&nnn;". What I do to work around this is to copy the character I want to search for into the search popup in order to build my search expression.

The regular expression search use Qt’s QRegExp. There must be a syntax in there to specify unicode character using their number but I don't know the syntax to do this.
LaoTseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:21 PM   #5
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Book view should show and match the actual unicode character. Code view should be translating em and en dashes to the entity (&...; ).
This seems to be so, but find/replace recognizes only the character and not the entity for me.
Advert
Old 09-23-2011, 02:29 PM   #6
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand Brittain View Post
This seems to be so, but find/replace recognizes only the character and not the entity for me.
To be clear, you see — in code view but it is matching the actual character?
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:29 PM   #7
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker

Yes, I see — when I'm in Code View and — when I'm in Book View.

But in Code View I try to do a Find/Replace looking for "—" and it tells me it found 0 instances. Trying to find "—" works.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:35 AM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand Brittain View Post
Yes, I see — when I'm in Code View and — when I'm in Book View.

But in Code View I try to do a Find/Replace looking for "—" and it tells me it found 0 instances. Trying to find "—" works.
On occasion when my search says 0 and I know there are more, I change search mode from Regular Expression to Normal or vice-a-versa.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote