Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-12-2021, 06:38 AM   #11506
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
Two English butchers, who hated each other, were doing business across the street from each other for ten years. For the full ten years they always competed for the other's business.

One butcher would put up a sign reading, "Sirloin: £2.50 a pound" and the other would put up a sign "Sirloin: £2 a pound."

The first would put up a sign reading, "Whole pork loin: £1.85 a pound" and the second would, again, under-price him.

This went on for the full ten years; back and forth, back and forth.

One day the first butcher got a bright idea. Instead of advertising his prices he placed a professionally painted sign reading, "The Queen buys all her meats here."

The next day another professionally painted sign appeared in the window of the butcher shop across the street which read, "God save the Queen."
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 06:01 AM   #11507
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I’m writing a book in fifth person...
So every sentence starts out with: “I heard from this guy who told somebody…”
Old 09-20-2021, 06:09 AM   #11508
drjd
The Couch Potato

I may not be around in 2084...
But at least I know there's the possibility I may still be voting!
Old 09-21-2021, 04:41 AM   #11509
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Q: Dear Abby, my child will not eat fish. What can I replace it with?

A. A cat. Cats love fish.
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 08:22 AM   #11510
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Q: Dear Abby, my child will not eat fish. What can I replace it with?

A. A cat. Cats love fish.
So much less trouble than a child too!
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 03:06 PM   #11511
guanaco
Recovering reader
guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
In Egypt, the waters of the Siwa oasis are universally famous for their male-empowering ability. By way of experimentation, a centiliter of these waters was administered to the mummy of a pharaoh in the Abu Rimpel Museum, and immediately it came to life. The guards of the museum fled in terror, and the one who confronted the pharaoh was the director of the museum, Sir Highrump Lowprick, who now immediately changes the conversation when the subject is raised in his London club.
guanaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 05:25 AM   #11512
drjd
The Couch Potato

This guy was sitting in his attorney's office. "Do you want the bad news first or the terrible news?" the lawyer said.

"Give me the bad news first."

"Your wife found a picture worth a half-million dollars."

"That's the bad news?" asked the man incredulously. "I can't wait to hear the terrible news."

"The terrible news is that it's of you and your secretary."
Old 10-04-2021, 04:21 PM   #11513
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjd View Post
This guy was sitting in his attorney's office. "Do you want the bad news first or the terrible news?" the lawyer said.

"Give me the bad news first."

"Your wife found a picture worth a half-million dollars."

"That's the bad news?" asked the man incredulously. "I can't wait to hear the terrible news."

"The terrible news is that it's of you and your secretary."
I am stealing that. Very much so I am.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 04:19 AM   #11514
drjd
The Couch Potato

Occasionally you hear about a really dry spell in Texas.

I always thought the stories were exaggerated, until we received a birthday card for my wife's birthday last week.

They attached the stamp with a staple.
Old 10-08-2021, 01:35 AM   #11515
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I am stealing that. Very much so I am.
Why do you want a picture of DrJD with his Secretary?
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 05:16 AM   #11516
drjd
The Couch Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
Why do you want a picture of DrJD with his Secretary?
Another load worth half million, maybe.
Old 10-08-2021, 05:22 AM   #11517
drjd
The Couch Potato

You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
Old 10-10-2021, 01:52 AM   #11518
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
A pirate walks into a pub.
Pubkeeper: “What happened to you? Last time I saw you, you looked great. Now you’ve got a wooden leg, a glass eye and a hook.”
Pirate: “First we were in battle, and a cannonball blew my leg off. Then we were in another battle, and a sword cut my hand off. Then a bird flew over the ship, I looked up, and it pooped in my eye.”
Pubkeeper: “You lost your eye to some bird poop?”
Pirate: “I wasn’t used to the hook…”
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 06:02 AM   #11519
drjd
The Couch Potato

What did the dentist call the x-ray he took of your mouth?

A tooth pic.
Old 10-12-2021, 04:43 AM   #11520
drjd
The Couch Potato

The preacher was wired for sound with a lapel mike, and as he preached, he moved briskly about the platform, jerking the mike cord as he went. Then he moved to one side, getting wound up in the cord and nearly tripping before jerking it again.

After several circles and jerks, a little girl in the third pew leaned toward her mother and whispered, "If he gets loose, will he hurt us?"