Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-26-2018, 06:13 PM   #1
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
max 2 and max note teardown?

Anyone knows if there are out there teardowns with photos and videos of this two devices?
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 08:35 AM   #2
hockey
hockey began at the beginning.

Device: onyx
Nothing interesting but here you are

max2.zip

There seems to be two serial interfaces on the board, one with socket, the other just the pads
hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 11:21 AM   #3
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

more than enough, than you hockey
Old 09-30-2018, 04:24 PM   #4
mlslzrvc
mlslzrvc began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox MAX
Hi hockey,

May I ask you for instructions how to dissemble MAX. I have problem with MAX1 battery, but I cannot find way how to open it.
mlslzrvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 03:50 PM   #5
hockey
hockey began at the beginning.

Device: onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlslzrvc View Post
Hi hockey,

May I ask you for instructions how to dissemble MAX. I have problem with MAX1 battery, but I cannot find way how to open it.
If you look close at the pictures you realize that there are screws around the screen through the bezel. All you need to do is to separate a thin black plastic cover attached by gummy glue - quite strong glue unfortunately. It helps to heat it a little bit but be careful, especially cover the screen well if you plan to use hot air as the screen is plastic too.
hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 05:53 PM   #6
mlslzrvc
mlslzrvc began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox MAX
Thank you hockey for replying.

I have noticed screws and holes on plastic covers on your pictures. However I cannot see where screws and holes would be on my MAX. Actually I have MAX 1 (Onyx boox max). Could it be different from MAX 2? Based on your picture the cover looks like pretty same: the same speaker position, cover on lower right side on the back ...

I will really appreciate for disassembling info.
mlslzrvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 09:37 PM   #7
whopper
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlslzrvc View Post
Thank you hockey for replying.

I have noticed screws and holes on plastic covers on your pictures. However I cannot see where screws and holes would be on my MAX. Actually I have MAX 1 (Onyx boox max). Could it be different from MAX 2? Based on your picture the cover looks like pretty same: the same speaker position, cover on lower right side on the back ...

I will really appreciate for disassembling info.
max 2 doesn't have those screws visible either, he told you that they are under a plastic film that you need to unglue, probably ruining the case with it as I doubt you can glue it again.

Last edited by whopper; 10-02-2018 at 09:40 PM.
Old 09-12-2021, 06:58 AM   #8
bolzep
bolzep began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Max 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey View Post
All you need to do is to separate a thin black plastic cover attached by gummy glue - quite strong glue unfortunately. It helps to heat it a little bit but be careful
Do you have any recommendations on what tool to use to lift off the plastic lid?
bolzep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 03:32 AM   #9
DenisR
Connoisseur
DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.

Device: Onyx Boox Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolzep View Post
Do you have any recommendations on what tool to use to lift off the plastic lid?
Hello,
I used a simple knife. Take one preferably with a rounded tip, and not a foldable one !
When you have removed the plastic lid, take care of the glue on it so that you can glue back the lid after battery replacement : put the lid in a clean plastic bag to protect the glue.
Take your time for this lid, this is the most difficult part of the job.
Denis

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...8&postcount=39

Last edited by DenisR; 09-13-2021 at 05:03 AM.
DenisR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 05:05 AM   #10
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
I started from the lower right corner. It didn't want to give up at first so I took a hair dryer to heat it up a little and I managed to peal ~1 cm, enough to grab it with my hand and tear down. When heating I made a vertical barrier with a book to protect the screen as I guess it's not a good idea to heat up the eInk. That's why I started with the low right corner, there's enough of space to heat up the corner away from the screen.
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 01:56 PM   #11
bopsis
bopsis began at the beginning.

Device: POCKETBOOK PRO 903, Microsoft Surface Pro, Onyx BOOX Max2
I changed my battery today in the morning. See the pictures attached. Thanks a lot to DenisR and plusz, I tried to follow their recommendations. Started from the lower right corner to remove the plastic lid (see image 2). Worked fine, very minor loss of the black paint in the corner. The challenging part was soldering (image 6).
Have tested it only for one day so far, but everything seems to be working well!
Attached Files
File Type: zip OBMax2_battery_change.zip (811.4 KB, 390 views)
bopsis is offline   Reply With Quote