Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-11-2018, 12:26 AM   #1
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Sigil and ePub 3

I've just downloaded Sigil and the manual as a way to help me learn how to create EPUB 3 ebooks. I'm sure I read somewhere that there is a way to designate a new ebook as EPUB 3 when starting to design the ePub. But I didn't make a note at the time, and have forgotten where to find it.

Is there something one should do to when one is starting a new ebook to get Sigil to set it up as EPUB 3? If so, what?

I've searched the manual, but though EPUB 3 is mentioned several times I can't find how to ensure that the ebook will be EPUB 3.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 12:35 AM   #2
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
Is there something one should do to when one is starting a new ebook to get Sigil to set it up as EPUB 3? If so, what?
EPUB3 by default can be chosen in Edit > Preferences > General Settings > Create New or Empty EPUBs as.

Then you can choose between "Version 2" or "Version 3".

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
I've searched the manual, but though EPUB 3 is mentioned several times I can't find how to ensure that the ebook will be EPUB 3.
Here is the latest copy of the manual (April 2018):

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...13#post3686313

I recently went through and fixed up some typos, and brought some of the menu information up to date.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2018, 02:10 AM   #3
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex2002ans View Post
EPUB3 by default can be chosen in Edit > Preferences > General Settings > Create New or Empty EPUBs as.

Then you can choose between "Version 2" or "Version 3".

Here is the latest copy of the manual (April 2018):

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...13#post3686313

I recently went through and fixed up some typos, and brought some of the menu information up to date.
Thanks so much for both
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote