Old 09-29-2015, 02:26 AM   #1
brolny
Connoisseur
brolny began at the beginning.

Device: none
Navigation: book/code view -> TOC item

Now -
if the new item in TOC selected,
then the corresponding line in BOOK/CODE View also selected.

Can you add, please, back responsiveness in the future -
if a new line in BOOK/CODE View selected,
then corresponding item of TOC also selected.

I have 5-6 levels of TOC - so sometimes it is not easy to understand at once where I work now within BOOK/CODE View only...
Thanks.
brolny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 06:26 AM   #2
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
IMHO 5-6 levels of TOC is a bad idea. I'm not sure I can recall a TOC with TWO levels!

(All right! Teach Yourself Html 4 has three levels, and it does work, but it's not an e-book.)
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2015, 07:16 AM   #3
brolny
Connoisseur
brolny began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
IMHO 5-6 levels of TOC is a bad idea. I'm not sure I can recall a TOC with TWO levels!

(All right! Teach Yourself Html 4 has three levels, and it does work, but it's not an e-book.)
On creating the book, we use 6 levels of TOC
(as in paper's edition of the book),
but the final version has 3 only, of course,
more than 3 is uncomfortable.

Full TOC will be in the internal html file - so we need not 3, but 6

Last edited by brolny; 09-29-2015 at 07:18 AM. Reason: -
brolny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 01:42 PM   #4
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post

Technical/Text books (...and maybe a pathfinder manual or two ) could easily have 5-6 levels. While they are mostly in PDF format, I have seen some pushed to ePub. There are some readers/apps that could handle that many indented sub-levels - especially in landscape. Most devices SHOULD be able to handle them if they aren't indented, but simply formatted differently, say with thinner font, or leading section numbers, etc.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 06:45 AM   #5
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
Most devices SHOULD be able to handle them if they aren't indented, but simply formatted differently, say with thinner font, or leading section numbers, etc.
Actually, the Html book I mentioned is formatted just that way. Handsome, actually. There are indents, but they aren't really necessary to understanding the levels. (Of which, as I look closer, there are actually only two.) The Parts are bolded, larger, sans serif, small and large caps. The Hours are normal roman type. It would work almost as well in an e-book even without indenting.

(I apologize for hijacking the thread!)
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert