Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 06-12-2014, 11:50 PM   #1
Abull
Abull began at the beginning.

Device: none
Why do mismatched link and anchor work?

In an epub I created some numbered target IDs didn't quite match the links on the contents page because I either mistyped a digit twice or left off one of a repeated digit. However the lnks worked as intended in Calibre's editor and weren't identified as an error when I ran the check. The same thing happens in Sigil. I only dicovered the error in EPUB-Checker.

The links also work in both versions of desktop ADE, but not in FBreader.

But shouldn't Calibre editor catch them as an error anyway?
Abull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:01 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Attach a sample demonstrating the issue.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2014, 12:31 AM   #3
Abull
Abull began at the beginning.

Device: none
Here it is.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Link number mismatch.epub (2.9 KB, 178 views)
Abull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 01:00 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The editor does not currently check fragments (the part of the link after the #). As for the links working, when you click a link with an incorrect fragment, most viewers will simply take you to the top of the file linked to an ignore the incorrect fragment, that will give you the illusion of the link working, if the link destination is near the top of the file.

I will look into adding a check for fragments as well.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote