Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 01-04-2012, 06:28 AM   #1
rogerben
rogerben began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Süddeutsche (paid) gets "old" issue

Hello,

I've been using the Süddeutsche (paid content) recipe that comes with calibre for some time, and had the following problem: even when set to download around 11 PM, it would get the issue of the same day, albeit the next day's is already available on the website (and is shown by default on the mobile e-paper website). Does the recipe use a hardlink to the edition of the day of download? Can I change that behaviour?
By the way, the title of the MOBI output contains the date of the download, could I change that to match with the date of the evening's paper, i.e. the following day?

TIA.
-br
rogerben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:45 PM   #2
axlben
axlben began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Have you found a solution for the "problem" you described.

I've made exactly the same experience. I know it's kind of a luxury problem but if there's any way to get the new issue as soon as it is released that would be perfect.

I think the problem is that the link in the recipe (http://www.sueddeutsche.de/app/epaper/textversion/) links to the "old issue" even if the "new issue" is already available (normaly at 8 to 9 pm). Till midnight the newest release is not linked with "www.sueddeutsche.de/app/epaper/textversion" but a different link (for example the release of 27th of April right now is linked with "http://www.sueddeutsche.de/app/epaper/textversion/index/1335477600/"). Exactly at midnight the link of 27th issue will be switched to "www.sueddeutsche.de/app/epaper/textversion".

I don't know if there is a solution for that specific problem. Well, it's ok to get the latest issue at midnight after all.

Axel
axlben is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert