Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-12-2011, 11:20 AM   #1
Mememememe
Connoisseur
Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kobo
Globe subscription -- anyone not get their "paper" this morning?

I don't know if it's a Kobo problem or a Globe problem, but I've been subscribing to the Globe and Mail for three weeks and today, for some reason, there was no new paper when I updated my library.

I emailed Kobo and was told this had been sent to "Tier 2". (Last time something went to Tier 2 I never heard back.)

At this point today's paper is a waste -- newspapers are morning reading, and it won't do me much good downloading the paper tonight, even if it's there. (Presumably, a reimbursement is in order.) But I'm wondering if this is an issue for me only, or if other people had the same problem today.
Mememememe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:25 AM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Same issue with National Post this AM. I am talking directly to Tier 2 and I'll point out this seems to be a general issue.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2011, 12:07 PM   #3
Mememememe
Connoisseur
Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
Same issue with National Post this AM. I am talking directly to Tier 2 and I'll point out this seems to be a general issue.
Thanks. That's actually "good news," since I know it's not a problem with my account or subscription.

Hopefully they can reimburse me for the missed issue, since it's useless to me at the is point. Gads, I had to go to the internet for my morning news read! I can't go a morning without reading news.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:57 PM   #4
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If memory serves, they did actually extend subscriptions for a day back in Nov/Dec when they had an issue one morning that it was late, so there is hope. I think Kobo's heart is generally in the right place if they can just get their customer service responsiveness fixed.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:33 PM   #5
Mememememe
Connoisseur

Well, after nearly ten days of trying to get a response, they seem to be telling me they're not going to reimburse me or extend my subscription, despite admitting it was their "glitch." I think they feel that because I was able to get that day's issue in the evening, I should have to pay for it. Which, of course, is completely ridiculous, not to mention arrogant and insulting.

If someone subscribes to the print edition and the morning paper goes missing, after a certain time they won't even attempt redelivery, they'll reimburse. There's no reason in the world why the e version should be treated any differently.

Meanwhile, I was unable to get this morning's paper.

There are many things I like about Kobo, but there are times when the customer service is just pathetic.
Advert
Old 01-21-2011, 03:00 PM   #6
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Open a ticket on http://help.kobobooks.com. You will immediately have a ticket number, if you don;t have a better response within a few days, you can try bringing it up to staff at http://getsatisfaction.com/kobo.

The phone and first level web response is done under a contract with NuComm. The staffing at GetSatisfaction.com is done by Kobo employees. Just be sure to give your ticket number in anything you post on get satisfaction.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:27 PM   #7
Mememememe
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Open a ticket on http://help.kobobooks.com. You will immediately have a ticket number, if you don;t have a better response within a few days, you can try bringing it up to staff at http://getsatisfaction.com/kobo.

The phone and first level web response is done under a contract with NuComm. The staffing at GetSatisfaction.com is done by Kobo employees. Just be sure to give your ticket number in anything you post on get satisfaction.
Thanks, Taming. I already opened up a new ticket, so I'll see what happens.

I was going to ask if the online support was outsourced -- now I know. I wasn't aware there was a "Get Satisfaction" option -- that's helpful info.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:11 PM   #8
benn44b
benn44b began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader
Where's the Globe?

Greetings,

Tried to get the Globe and Mail this morning and again it was a no-go. It's 7 p.m. and I still can't get my Globe after updating.

I'm paying for this?

benn44b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:43 PM   #9
thepossum
Zealot
thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

No Toronto Star today either. And this is after about a week's worth of late issues for me -- it normally shows up by 7am, but has been arriving after 8am for a week now.
thepossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:14 PM   #10
robko
Wizard

Same with National Post - both late for last week and not here at all today.
Anyone else having problems with previous day's issue getting messed up and redownloaded (i.e. this AM my Saturday issue redownloaded but now it's only got about 3 articles in total in it -- fortunately I had read it already). Been happening at least once a week for the last month and a half.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:31 AM   #11
thepossum
Zealot
thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Today's (Oct 25) Toronto Star was delivered on time. Yesterday's (Oct 24) did not download until some time between 9pm Monday night and 5:40am Tuesday morning.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:48 AM   #12
Mememememe
Connoisseur

Ah, I see other people have had the same problem. I shouldn't have started a new thread!

As stated elsewhere, I've had problems with the Globe since last Friday. (I only restarted my subscription the night before.)

I started a free-preview subscription to another paper to see if it was a Globe issue alone, and experienced the same problem with both papers.

Three customer service inquiries have yielded no responses.

Today was the first day my papers arrived before 7 a.m. The previous "best" was around 8 a.m. In my opinion, even 8 a.m. is far too late, as I will get very little use out of a paper that arrives at that time. I'll have to cancel if later delivery becomes the norm.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:03 AM   #13
thepossum
Zealot

Evidently Kobo has yet to solve their late-newspaper issue. It's now 11am Eastern time and today's Toronto Star is STILL unavailable.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:18 PM   #14
Mememememe
Connoisseur

3:15 and neither of my dailies have arrived yet, either.

The only response I got from customer service (8 days after my inquiry) was that I should expect papers between 6 and 7. There was no response to my request that I be reimbursed for papers that arrived in the afternoon and evening (or, in one case, the next day).

If they can't at least give me an explanation, I might move my subscriptions over to Kindle -- I've been planning on getting a Kindle anyway, but Kobo is providing me with incentive to get one sooner than planned.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:28 PM   #15
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
10:31am in Hawaii and I don't have "The Seattle Times" Thursday edition yet. We're GMT -10hrs here.. Maybe won't get an issue today?
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote