Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-09-2010, 10:11 AM   #1
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
Organizing books on IQ

Is there a way to move books in bulk onto bookshelves or into collections or whatever (depending on which app you are using)? And is there a way to get subfolders? My collection of books is quite small compared to many around here, but I would still like to be able to load my books and organize them without doing it one at a time, and to be able to organize by genre > author > (maybe) series. So far, all I can manage is to move them one at a time onto shelves or into collections for genre and sort by author or title. I have Aldiko, but haven't figured out how to do this with it. Is there a way, or is it something that is coming later from PB? Or do I need a different reader. I don't have access to marketplace, so I'm somewhat limited.
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:19 AM   #2
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by MmavisO View Post
Is there a way to move books in bulk onto bookshelves or into collections or whatever (depending on which app you are using)? And is there a way to get subfolders? My collection of books is quite small compared to many around here, but I would still like to be able to load my books and organize them without doing it one at a time, and to be able to organize by genre > author > (maybe) series. So far, all I can manage is to move them one at a time onto shelves or into collections for genre and sort by author or title. I have Aldiko, but haven't figured out how to do this with it. Is there a way, or is it something that is coming later from PB? Or do I need a different reader. I don't have access to marketplace, so I'm somewhat limited.
Yep, yep and yep, but depends largely on the app.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2010, 11:40 AM   #3
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
The native reader has two modes. In folder mode you can organize the books any way you want inside the books folder.
Aldiko lets you create bookshelves that it then organizes by author; no choice. You can sort by title or author the bookshelves.
The Kindle app displays everything you drop into the Kindle folder but it uses a flatfile database. Not sure if it supports collections since I don't use them on my Kindle.
The other android reader apps I've tried so far just aren't ready for prime time and are not significaantly better than the vestigial Pocketbook reader.

I have some hope for overdrive but apprently it relies on ADE on the PC to sideload. (It does support DRM'ed content.)

Still testing.
Really wish Nook and (especially) Coolreader 3 ran.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:55 PM   #4
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
The native reader has two modes. In folder mode you can organize the books any way you want inside the books folder.
Aldiko lets you create bookshelves that it then organizes by author; no choice. You can sort by title or author the bookshelves.
The Kindle app displays everything you drop into the Kindle folder but it uses a flatfile database. Not sure if it supports collections since I don't use them on my Kindle.
The other android reader apps I've tried so far just aren't ready for prime time and are not significaantly better than the vestigial Pocketbook reader.

I have some hope for overdrive but apprently it relies on ADE on the PC to sideload. (It does support DRM'ed content.)

Still testing.
Really wish Nook and (especially) Coolreader 3 ran.
Thanks, fj. I guess Iwas a bit to concise there.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:13 PM   #5
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
OK, how do you get into folder mode? I know I'm missing something obvious, but there you have it.
Advert
Old 12-09-2010, 09:15 PM   #6
MmavisO
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Thanks, fj. I guess Iwas a bit to concise there.
And maybe I wasn't clear enough--I should have made sure it was clear I really meant how! But thanks for the yeps!
Old 12-09-2010, 09:28 PM   #7
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Quote:
And maybe I wasn't clear enough--I should have made sure it was clear I really meant how! But thanks for the yeps!
With native reader open, press the menu button and choose "Folders" (it's below "Sort"). That should do it. I had the same issue.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:58 PM   #8
MmavisO
Seeker

Thanks! I'm glad I wasn't the only one.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:19 AM   #9
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
I didn't notice folder mode until I saw it mentioned here. By Mtraveller, I think.
Lack of documentation makes exploration an adventure.

But then, "If it was easy, everybody would do it."
As I said, right now, IQ is a hobbyist product. Someday it might be a consumer product but it's got a ways to go.

Oh, as for automated file sorting/organization: Calibre.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:43 AM   #10
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Quote:
Thanks! I'm glad I wasn't the only one.
I freaked out when I saw it dumped all my files in one shelf, until I thought to press the menu button and see what kind of options there were. Then I felt better.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:52 AM   #11
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
A quick question:

In the native reader, is it possible to limit the library shelves to just the books folder (or a specific folder)?

I don't really need the book shelves to show files (i.e. .txt) from other folders on my SD card are not books.

Thanks
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote