Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-04-2010, 08:55 AM   #1
Doug Huffman
Banned
Doug Huffman knows the square root of minus one.Doug Huffman knows the square root of minus one.Doug Huffman knows the square root of minus one.Doug Huffman knows the square root of minus one.Doug Huffman knows the square root of minus one.Doug Huffman knows the square root of minus one.Doug Huffman knows the square root of minus one.Doug Huffman knows the square root of minus one.Doug Huffman knows the square root of minus one.Doug Huffman knows the square root of minus one.Doug Huffman knows the square root of minus one.

Location: Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
Device: KINDLE 3 WiFi
[Old Thread] Update plugins?

Will installed plugins update with Calibre?

I suspect not, so regard this as a feature request please.

I'd rather read than chase various tools around the WWW, being holographically mapped as they are, as it were.
Doug Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:04 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
That would necessitate one of several options: We'd need to have some kind of central repository for plugins or the plugins would need to provide their update URL via their source code, or it would only work for plugins bundled with the main Calibre program. The latter, I believe, is already being done (it would be senseless otherwise), and personally, I don't like the former option. Keep it simple, let us update manually.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2010, 10:22 AM   #3
jlbfoot
idiot
jlbfoot began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505, 300, and 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
Will installed plugins update with Calibre?

Hmm, that question can be interpreted in a couple of ways.

If you mean, "If a plug-in has an update, will the plug-in automatically update when one updates Calibre?" That answer is "No"...see above comment.

If you mean, "When I update Calibre, will the plugin(s) that I already have installed need to be re-installed?" That answer is "No" also. The plug-in(s) that you already have will automatically be "plugged in" to the newer update of Calibre.

Just curious, which were you asking?
jlbfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:52 PM   #4
net-buoy
Enthusiast
net-buoy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Just passing through looking for detail re jlbfoot's restated question #2 in as much as the sticky post seems equivocal - perhaps if the sticky post could be made to be clearer on the subject? I.e., if updating calibre DOES NOT require reinstalling plugins that should be made, if obvious, more obvious ;-) and if not obvious, then obvious?
net-buoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:02 PM   #5
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I was posting a reply about upgrading plugins, but you are asking about Calibre. The answer is that it depends. If Kovid breaks an API, you would need to upgrade the plugin. However he tries very hard not to do that.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert