Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 07-04-2010, 03:02 PM   #1
Mary McDonald
Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: kindle app for pc
No Good Deed--character driven thriller

Edit: 9/1: Just cutting some outdated information regarding contests that have concluded. :-)

I shamelessly stole this description from a reviewer of my book on Amazon No Good Deed or via SmashwordsNo Good Deed

Quote:
From today's headlines, photographer Mark Taylor finds himself in the incredulous position of being arrested as a homegrown terrorist and incarcerated at a secret location ... only he's not a terrorist, yet no one believes him. An unfortunate set of circumstances combined with a systematic campaign by the government to discredit him causes even those closest to Taylor to doubt his innocence. No one can defend a terrorist, and so he is left alone. His unyielding resolve to maintain his innocence tests his sanity, his belief in the people and the world he knows, as well as his very will to live.

Last edited by Mary McDonald; 09-01-2010 at 02:46 PM. Reason: additional info again
Mary McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:23 PM   #2
Mary McDonald
Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Wow! Lots of post views on this forum. Hope I can keep up! ;-) I just wanted to share the latest review for my book. I'm especially happy because the reader states that they don't normally read this genre.

Quote:
I thoroughly enjoyed reading No Good Deed. The first five chapters were consumed in the blink of an eye. I didn't want to put the book down.

The themes are very relevant, and could have been yanked right out of today's headlines: terrorists, controversial interrogation techniques, and the rights (or lack thereof) of detainees. I always just kind of assumed detainees were legitimate bad guys who had it coming. But what if they're not? No Good Deed explores that question in a riveting, page turning way.

Not my usual genre, but I'm glad I read it!
Available at:
Amazon--No Good Deed or Smashwords

If you buy it (or even if you don't) , stop by my blog Mary McDonald Has the Write Stuff to learn how you can become eligible to win a $20 Amazon gift card.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:33 PM   #3
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Mary, I really enjoyed this book! Thank you for a great read.

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:44 PM   #4
Mary McDonald

Thanks, Imogen!

Also, just a note to anyone reading, if they stop by my blog to see about the contest (link two posts above), they'll find links to other participating indie authors. There's something for every taste. Fantasy, Sci-fi, Women's fiction, thriller, Humor and more. :-)

Each one of those authors has the same contest running as I do, so if my book doesn't look appealing, check out one of theirs and see how you can win their $20 Amazon Gift Card. Heck, you could end up entering several contests, and be eligible to win multiple gift cards. How cool is that?
Old 07-13-2010, 04:17 PM   #5
Mary McDonald

I'm so excited that my book is now in the Apple Bookstore and in Sony's bookstore. Sony now has the description there too. (last week, no description).

Random excerpt:

“I don’t know if I’m hungry. I think I’m too keyed up to eat.” She chuckled and he looked up from the menu in surprise.

“What’s got you all nervous?” Mark could think of lots of possibilities and none were good. Was she going to tell him that she was married? Had a steady boyfriend? Thought he was guilty?

Jessie spun a coaster in circles with her index finger and watched it as though fascinated. “I don’t know.” She shrugged and flashed an embarrassed smile at him. “I guess I don’t know what to say to you.”

Mark understood what she meant, but understanding didn’t make it easier to respond. He crossed his arms on top of the table and leaned forward, and focused on the television over the bar. Should he ask her how she’d been the last year and a half? The silence between them stretched. Finally, afraid she’d leave, he cleared his throat. “Listen, I…I’ve never been good at small talk, and I’m out of practice. What do you say we just order a pizza? We can talk about that.”

Biting her lip, she nodded. “Sounds like a plan.”

They decided on sausage and mushrooms and a pitcher of beer. Mark poured for both of them when the beer arrived. “I didn’t know you liked mushrooms.”

She sipped hers and a tiny bit of foam clung to her upper lip. When her tongue darted out to catch it, he shifted in his seat and tried to keep from staring and hoping for a repeat performance.

“Yeah, I’m not picky. Mushrooms are good. I draw the line at green peppers though.”

Feeling safe with the topic, Mark smiled. “Really? What do you have against peppers?” He took a sip of his beer. He’d never been a big drinker, but he’d missed having one now and again. Mostly, he’d missed the social aspect, being with friends and relaxing.

Jessie made a face and shuddered. “Ugh. I can’t even stand the smell. It makes me want to puke.” She grinned at him. “Consider yourself warned.”

“Noted. I’ll be sure never to eat green peppers before kissing--” He broke off when her eyes widened and met his. Heat flooded his face. “I’m sorry. I guess I was back in the past.” He couldn’t look at her as he lifted his beer and gulped.

She turned in her seat. “I wonder when that pizza will get here? I’m starved.”
“Yeah, me too.”

The TV was a blur as he stared at it. He hated this. He hated the awkwardness and the stilted conversation. He hated making her feel uncomfortable. Deciding he’d rather just rip off the bandage rather than tease it off bit by bit, Mark took a deep breath and plunged into the topic that was foremost in his mind. “I completely understand if you’ve moved on in your life, so you can tell me. I just have to know.” He searched her face, unable to read what she was thinking.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:10 PM   #6
Mary McDonald

From a review of No Good Deed at Amazon.

Quote:
Imagine suddenly being taken from you everyday life, being thrown into a cell and interrogated-mercilessly-for almost a year. Mark Taylor, a Chicago photographer, finds himself in this infuriatingly helpless position. All because he was trying to do a good deed-a good deed that could have saved thousands of lives. A good deed that was misinterpreted and he was held as a suspect, questioned about the very incident he was trying to prevent.

Mary McDonald immediately holds us captive along with Mark, we feel his hopelessness, his pain and frustrations. I could not put this book down, my life stopped while I was reading it. Thank you for an amazing read!
Available at Barnes and Noble for $2.99. Discounted to $2.84 at Sony's Readerstore and Amazon
Also in iBookstore, but I can't access that to leave a link.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:44 PM   #7
Mary McDonald

No Good Deed, which is set late 2001-2003, is about a man, Mark Taylor, who loses everything when he's accused of being a homegrown terrorist. Due to a special camera, Mark had seen the attacks of 9/11 before they happened, but his attempts to contact authorities backfired when instead of changing the outcome of the tragedy, he's instead accused of playing a role in it. In a country on edge and consumed with post-9/11 fear, he's caught in the wide net cast by the government and labeled an enemy combatant

Also available at iBooks No Good Deed
Old 08-15-2010, 01:13 AM   #8
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Interview with Mary: http://breakoutbooks.blogspot.com/20...-mcdonald.html
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:49 PM   #9
Mary McDonald

I'm 3/4 done with the sequel to NO GOOD DEED. It will be called MARCH INTO HELL, and should be available by Thanksgiving. As the title indicates, the sequel will put Mark Taylor through the wringer--again. :-D
Old 09-01-2010, 03:32 PM   #10
CaraM
Guru
CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Congratulations on your success, Mary!

www.caramarsi.com
Logan's Redemption
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0040JI3PG
CaraM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
innocent, no good deed, terrorist, thriller, wrongly accused