Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-30-2009, 03:13 PM   #1
crutnacker
Connoisseur
crutnacker has learned how to read e-bookscrutnacker has learned how to read e-bookscrutnacker has learned how to read e-bookscrutnacker has learned how to read e-bookscrutnacker has learned how to read e-bookscrutnacker has learned how to read e-bookscrutnacker has learned how to read e-books

Device: None
Need case / skin recommendation

Here's what I'd like.

One -- A skin or something that provides a bit of protection around the device AND gives it some less slipperiness. (I made up a word, I think). I have a thicker silicone case on my iphone and love it.

Two -- A case that I can put the setup above in and have it protected in a loosely filled backpack.
crutnacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 04:15 PM   #2
ShadowAuthor
Enthusiast
ShadowAuthor has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ShadowAuthor has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ShadowAuthor has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ShadowAuthor has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2 & iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutnacker View Post
Here's what I'd like.

One -- A skin or something that provides a bit of protection around the device AND gives it some less slipperiness. (I made up a word, I think). I have a thicker silicone case on my iphone and love it.

Two -- A case that I can put the setup above in and have it protected in a loosely filled backpack.
First things first. Slipperiness is in fact a proper derivative of slippery, so you're good linguistically.

Secondly, I just ordered my K2 last night, and the cases I liked the most are the M-Edge Latitude Kindle Jacket:

http://www.amazon.com/M-Edge-Latitud...207489&sr=1-12

Seems like a nice sturdy case, zips up to protect the K2 while jostling around in the backpack, not to mention pockets for USB cable and power adapter.

I too own an iPhone, but I've found most silicone cases leave some sort of residue behind on my iPhone. I'm currently using the Speck Hard Candy shell case, and it's been awesome.

Good luck in your search!
ShadowAuthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2009, 05:41 PM   #3
Pardoz
Which side are you on?
Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 2 Int'l
I just got my M-Edge Latitude, and I'm quite happy with it - sturdy, fully-enclosed, so you don't need to worry about your preciousssss flopping around and scratching up the screen, *gollum* *gollum*. Dual-zipper is nice - you can charge (or listen to audiobooks through the headphone jack) with the case closed. The 'pocket' is fine for the USB cable, but I wouldn't jam the power adapter in there - the pocket is on the front cover, right over the screen, and I'm moderately paranoid about screen cracks, so nothing bulky goes in there (in fact I'm thinking of cutting up a piece of foam and sticking it in the pocket, just for a little extra protection).
Pardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:53 PM   #4
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Skinit has some nice designs for skins. Not a rubber like cover, but avoids scratching of the case and increases the grip.

Decalgirl also has some nice ones.

For cases, I like the Patagonia case offered by Amazon.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:46 AM   #5
tigerlap
tigerlap began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I just recieved my K2 and had the ZAGG applied (minutes) after it left the original packaging.
tigerlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2010, 03:09 PM   #6
Octochick
Zealot
Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
Waterfield offers some nice options that sound like what you are looking for. You might also consider a Javoedge cover which has a built in sleeve (no need for a skin), I did a review of them on my blog and they offer a nice variety of styles. They also sell through Amazon making them eligible for free shipping.
Octochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:51 PM   #7
parsi
parsi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I got a cheap silicone skin on ebay - it serves the purpose of reducing the slipperiness and doesn't impact in any way.

I don't have a case but I must look into one for travelling.
parsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:36 PM   #8
eboyhan
PandaMuse
eboyhan doesn't littereboyhan doesn't litter

Device: kindle dx, kindle touch SO, kindle fire, kindle fire hd8.9
i have the m-edge touring sleeve in yellow for when i'm transporting KDX around in a pile of papers/folders or in a briefcase. I also have skins and a screen protector to protect and personalize my KDX while I'm actually using it. These latter two I got from decalgirl.com -- as they have a good selection and amazon (nor anybody else that I could find) doesn't. Hope this helps.
eboyhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:55 PM   #9
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutnacker View Post
Here's what I'd like.

I use a GelaSkins backing on my Kindle, and it does a good job of adding a bit of friction. There are different designs. You can find the GelaSkins Protective Kindle Skins here.

As for covers; if it's beauty, durability and quality you want, it's hard to beat the Oberon covers. I have one for my Kindle, and one is on order for my Nook. They aren't cheap, however, but they are a thing of beauty, and beauty should not be underrated when purchasing a major accessory for a device with which you no doubt plan to spent many intimate hours.

You can find Oberon covers here.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 01-07-2010 at 05:32 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:00 PM   #10
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I have this skin Click image for larger version

Name:	51BqZelch9L._SL500_AA280_[1].jpg
Views:	293
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	43744 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ss_T15_product, this light Click image for larger version

Name:	31U1Xh6NuPL._SL500_AA280_[1].jpg
Views:	257
Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	43745 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ss_T15_product and this coverClick image for larger version

Name:	41jXbMczjpL._SL500_AA280_[1].jpg
Views:	245
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	43746 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ss_T15_product This works out great for me, because I like to read the kindle without a cover (I typed naked, but realized this would give the wrong impression).
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 01:33 PM   #11
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
GelaSkins have skins based on National Geographic photographs avalable for the Kindle 2, Kindle DX, and nook. Check them out here:

https://www.gelaskins.com/artist.php?ArtistID=188

Some Examples:
Attached Images

Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:45 PM   #12
gin_ger
gin_ger began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
GelaSkins have skins based on National Geographic photographs avalable for the Kindle 2, Kindle DX, and nook. Check them out here:

https://www.gelaskins.com/artist.php?ArtistID=188

Some Examples:
The national geographic ones are beautiful. Which one is better for Kindle 2 - Gelaskins or Decalgirl skin?
gin_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:49 AM   #13
rmm200
Groupie
rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-600
You can't mention cases for the Kindle without mentioning this amazing thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...hlight=leather

Robert
rmm200 is offline   Reply With Quote