Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-05-2012, 06:38 AM   #1
oldghost
oldghost began at the beginning.

Device: none
Calibre Install Failing?

I tried installing the new (0.9.1) Calibre this morning and it failed part way through, I tried a couple times actually. I switched to Firefox for the download, same result.

I tried the alternative download location and also failed.

"The cabinet file 'calibre.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package"

Oddly it alternates between that error message and another one of the same type that says cannot copy (I think) file_14.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Thank you.
oldghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:05 AM   #2
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
No problem under Windows 7 64 bit.

Sometimes it is necessary to turn off antivirus programs temporarily while installing software. Be sure to turn it back on immediately afterward. Download Managers can also cause problems. I believe there is a section in the calibre faqs which addresses this issue.

You might try downloading something like irfanview to test your ability to download to see if the problem is particular to your computer.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2012, 07:07 AM   #3
oldghost

Tried it with anti-virus off and even turned off Zone Alarm too. No luck.

I forgot stats before: Win 7 Ultimate
Old 10-05-2012, 07:18 AM   #4
oldghost

So I killed MSSE and Zone Alarm's 'auto load' and did a fresh reboot, that solved it. I suppose something may've been hanging around in memory after disabling them that only was fixed by having them not run at all on startup.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:18 AM   #5
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

MSE has no problem with any of my calibre installs in WIN 7 - I suspect your issue is with ZA. can you whitelist within ZA ?
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert