Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-12-2013, 10:34 PM   #1
captainreynolds
captainreynolds began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Papewhite
Kindle Paperwhite Sorting

Hey everyone,

Trying to get an understanding of how sorting on the Paperwhite works. I have several long book series (Redwall, Ender's Game, etc.) and would like the books to be in order when sorted by author or title.

So, in Calibre's "Title Sort" metadata field, I have put in the name of the series, followed by the book number in front of each book. However, when I sort by author or title on my kindle, it continues to sort by "Title," not "Title Sort" as written above. What am I doing wrong?

Additionally, my Kindle only sorts Author by First, Last, not Last, First, as listed in my calibre metadata. How can I fix this without reconverting each book with the "Use author sort for author" option checked under MOBI output in Calibre, and then having to re-import the newly converted files?

Any ideas??
captainreynolds is offline   Reply With Quote