Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 06-29-2012, 04:59 AM   #16
charlesatan
Addict
charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Changing the covers later on (a viable strategy) is different from having different covers across different publishers at the same time. (The latter, in an unlikely circumstance, could possibly work, but the combination of the likelihood and production cost makes it impractical.)
charlesatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:39 PM   #17
Wrong Writer
Wrong Writer began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesatan View Post
Changing the covers later on (a viable strategy) is different from having different covers across different publishers at the same time. (The latter, in an unlikely circumstance, could possibly work, but the combination of the likelihood and production cost makes it impractical.)
WHAT "production costs"?
I've got one guy saying this is "trad thinking" and I don't know from ebooks. (Interesting to a guy who has like a dozen of them out--all with my own cover design) and another guy saying there's "production costs".

Point of fact. You guys don't KNOW how this works. Not many people do unless they've been publishing and fooling around with their covers.

The rest are just guessing, trying to sound good in terms of what they read somewhere. Fine, enjoy. But don't think it applies to anything in the real world unless you've tried it out.
Wrong Writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert