Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Tea or Coffee? Coffee or Tea?
Tea 44 47.83%
Coffee 45 48.91%
Neither 10 10.87%
*Neutral* 2 2.17%
Spain 5 5.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-24-2009, 08:18 AM   #16
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Coffee, espresso to be precise. One coffee wakes me up, two gets me out of bed, three gets me talking. When we were young (I was as young as 3), Mum would get us out of bed by bringing us a cup of sweet, milky coffee (instant) first thing. There may be some connection.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 12:38 PM   #17
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
CHOCOLATE! (you people are falling down in the polls, let me tell you!)
What...........no bacon??
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 12:50 PM   #18
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Tea! Tea! And more tea!!!
I drink about 3-4 litres of tea every day. English Breakfast tea (Taylor's of Harrogate,) Yorkshire Tea (it's not for them wot's from Surry!) Keemun and Assam. Hot and black, no sugar or lemon. For a rainy cold November day reading by the window, nothing beats a steaming mug of Lapsang Souchang. (Except perhaps a good single malt.... Nah... TEA!!)

Stitchawl
Pfft to that I say I like Yorkshire Tea - it's my teabag blend of second choice (my first is Twinings Everyday)

Loose leaf my favourite is a large leaf Assam, especially Harmutty, but also Deejo and Orangajuli.

I used to like Twinings Earl Grey until they changed the recipe and it tasted like some Lapsang Souchang had got mixed in. Now I don't mind Lapsang Souchang on the right occasion (I like the peaty Islay whiskies, too...), but the smokiness really doesn't work with the citrus tang from the bergamot. I do sometimes blend it myself though.

I love masala chai - usually blend the spices for it myself now. I usually leave the leaves and spices to sit in hot water for a while, then add sugar and warm milk (the yeti has a milk heater/whisker thing for coffee which I use - it's great for hot chocolate too!).

I don't drink coffee - it usually makes me feel very sick, or sometimes very sleepy. Occasionally both.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 01:00 PM   #19
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
Coffee, coffee and coffee ! Black with a little bit of sugar.
When I was young, I drank hot chocolate on morning.
Now I drink coffee all day/night through ! My mother called me "Goule à jus", that I could translate as slang version for "coffee face" !
I discovered Nespresso machine some years ago, and my "filter machine" went to the trash !
I like some good tea from time to time, but coffee is my daily drug !

Edit : Arabica only, Robusta brings me tachycardia !
Edit 2 : As for the tea, my preferred ones are Earl Grey and Orange Pekoe, black, without sugar, and tea with fresh mint, with sugar.

Last edited by Idoine; 05-24-2009 at 01:07 PM.
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 01:05 PM   #20
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Coffee, black, fresh-ground Columbian (whole-bean), medium roast.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 02:45 PM   #21
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
Viva España
I figured that would make you happy.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 04:37 PM   #22
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Coffee, black, fresh-ground Columbian (whole-bean), medium roast.

WDE.
Idem, but dark roast, and so strong and thick you could have a spoon standing straight up in it.

For afternoons and evenings, I make my own blends of medicinal herbs and tea, according to the need. Usually it's a basic green tea and mint mix, but if I feel sick I'll add chamomile, hawthorn, burdock, catnip, dandelion, or a number of the twenty something medicinal herbs I've got in a tin can on the top shelve in the cupboard (cats go mad when I get it out, seriously. I took it with me to see if plants were also named in English on the bags, and both cats are twirling around the closed box, trying to open it and looking like they're having a blast).
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 07:11 PM   #23
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
A tall, condensation beaded glass of sweet iced tea with lemon, please.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 07:12 PM   #24
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
For me, the best choice is Dr Pepper.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 07:21 PM   #25
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Can any of you folks living in the UK tell me what has become of Fortnum & Mason? I used to mainline their 'Royal Blend,' finding it everywhere F&M was sold. These days I'm hard pressed to even find ANY Fortnum & Mason at all! There used to be a large F&M stall in the tea/coffee area of one of the larger department stores in downtown Kyoto, carrying their entire line in all sizes of cans but it's disappeared. I can't even find a shelf of F&M in that store now. One other department store is carrying two or three blends, but nothing that I like. It seems that 'East India' company has taken over all their shelf space, and as far as taste goes, I can't understand why! What has become of my beloved Fortnum & Mason?

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 07:58 PM   #26
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Does anyone else in the US like Starbucks

Passionfruit Tea, sweetened, with lemonade?

Yum!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 08:05 PM   #27
Jaime_Astorga
Member Retired
Jaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS-350-SC: Sony Reader Pocket Edition
I used to drink a lot of tea when younger, but now sodas or water are usually my drinks of choice. I don't mind coffee, but my mother seems obsessed with buying decaff. God damn it, that's not coffee, that's muddy water with a bit of flavor added.

Last edited by Jaime_Astorga; 05-25-2009 at 04:22 AM.
Jaime_Astorga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 08:07 PM   #28
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
I'm stimulant limited, but I fondly remember iced tea, straight up with nothing added. Great with my chili.

My brother drinks Perry Estate Farms Kona Coffee. I met Perry and his wife in early 2000...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 08:08 PM   #29
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Given a choice of tea or coffee, it's tea. But my morning drink is Diet Coke. I prefer my caffeine carbonated.

I rarely if ever drink anything hot -- only when I'm feeling ill. So it's water -- preferably carbonated -- or iced tea or Diet Coke. Since I'm laying off of caffeine, I'm now buying the caffeine-free Diet Coke to keep at the house and avoiding the soft drinks in restaurants.

I actually like the taste of coffee ice cream and mocha cakes, so I have been known to buy a Frappuccino at Starbucks. Yummy!

Last edited by Elsi; 05-24-2009 at 08:12 PM.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 08:20 PM   #30
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Can any of you folks living in the UK tell me what has become of Fortnum & Mason? I used to mainline their 'Royal Blend,' finding it everywhere F&M was sold. These days I'm hard pressed to even find ANY Fortnum & Mason at all! There used to be a large F&M stall in the tea/coffee area of one of the larger department stores in downtown Kyoto, carrying their entire line in all sizes of cans but it's disappeared. I can't even find a shelf of F&M in that store now. One other department store is carrying two or three blends, but nothing that I like. It seems that 'East India' company has taken over all their shelf space, and as far as taste goes, I can't understand why! What has become of my beloved Fortnum & Mason?

Stitchawl
They still exist, and are selling Royal Blend on their website (don't know if they'll ship to Japan...) They do have a list of places in Japan that sells their stuff: http://www.fortnumandmason.com/World...kists,670.aspx, but only one in Kyoto:
Quote:
Kyoto - Daimaru
79 Shijo Takakura,
Simogyo-ku,
Kyoto,
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote