Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 06-28-2012, 09:22 AM   #1
JanG
Groupie
JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Laptop; Kobo Clara
Problem with "auto power off"

This morning, all of a sudden, the 'auto power off' stopped working. I've had my Opus for about a year and I've always had it set to go to 'sleep' after ten minutes of inactivity, now that doesn't happen.

Everything else works just fine.

Is this the beginning of the end?
JanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:01 PM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Maybe, maybe not.

Maybe it's just a power issue that it behaves strangely. Try if fully charging changes anything. Or simply restart it it so that the Opus not only goes into sleep mode but that it is really off and then start it anew.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2012, 01:05 PM   #3
JanG
Groupie
JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Maybe, maybe not.

Maybe it's just a power issue that it behaves strangely. Try if fully charging changes anything. Or simply restart it it so that the Opus not only goes into sleep mode but that it is really off and then start it anew.
Did that. This problem only occurred after I charged it last night. I did a complete restart. I even disconnected the battery and reconnected. Nothing got it to work again.

That being said, I can still put it on sleep mode by pressing the button like normal, it's just the auto sleep that's not working.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:35 AM   #4
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm. Do you have the g-sensor on?
If it is very important for you you can always try a firmware update and see if that helps.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:13 AM   #5
JanG
Groupie

G-sensor?
Advert
Old 06-29-2012, 07:32 AM   #6
Billi
Wizard

The sensor for motion detection to automatically switch from landscape to portrait view just by turning the device. Maybe it keeps your device busy.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:03 PM   #7
JanG
Groupie

Oh that, no, it's switched off. I never use it.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:37 PM   #8
JanG
Groupie

Okay, this is so weird. I was reading, and then a news item caught my eye on Facebook, so I clicked on the item and read the article. I had my Opus in my hand and suddenly I saw the screen flash out of the corner of my eye. It went to sleep mode. This, after not doing it for a couple of days.

Now the question is: Has my Opus developed AI?