Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-06-2011, 04:06 PM   #586
matt314159
Groupie
matt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheese

Device: KSO, NookColor (CM7.1), Samsung Mesmerize
lots of "i died and went to heaven' books there I noticed...I'm thinking something along the lines of WWII. I'm also a little ticked that I paid full-price for the bonhoeffer book a few weeks ago. Didn't expect that to show up on the list. great read.
matt314159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:58 PM   #587
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
[QUOTE=PG4003;1732138]I really like the one for the Biographies & Memoirs, but as usual, can't make up my mind! Any recommendations from anybody?
QUOTE]

Looks fun
http://www.amazon.com/Professional-I...5QE938CGH3EVV9
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:38 PM   #588
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt314159 View Post
lots of "i died and went to heaven' books there I noticed...I'm thinking something along the lines of WWII. I'm also a little ticked that I paid full-price for the bonhoeffer book a few weeks ago. Didn't expect that to show up on the list. great read.
Funny. My impression was that there were a lot of "I was abused/neglected/did drugs/quit drugs/repeat/rinse/recycle" books in there.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:26 PM   #589
cfo
Connoisseur
cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KSO, iPhone4
When you click on "browse the list of eligible books," it's funny that at the top of the list, it says:

Kindle with Special Offers: Buy one of 100 Biographies & Memoirs for $1
After applying your promo code, select one of the
100 humorous books below.

cfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:51 PM   #590
matt314159
Groupie
matt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheese

Device: KSO, NookColor (CM7.1), Samsung Mesmerize
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Funny. My impression was that there were a lot of "I was abused/neglected/did drugs/quit drugs/repeat/rinse/recycle" books in there.
Ha, interesting what sticks out to different people.

My grandma shares an account with me, so I can do the book buying for her. I emailed her the link to the list of books and told her I'd let her pick this time. She responded and said, "I'd like Dick Cheney's new book"...*facepalm* guess I'll have to decide after all.
matt314159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:59 PM   #591
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
The only one I was interested in was "License to Pawn: Deals, Steals, and My Life at the Gold & Silver" by Rick Harrison. Bummer was I'd just read the hardback.

I'm a "Pawn Stars" fan, and found it interesting. Basically, they've all got hard backgrounds which they've overcome through the years. (Rick has said on the show he was a horrible kid. Made me feel a bit sorrier for "Old Man"!) Except for their unknown history, they're basically the people you see on the screen.

Some of the stories from the 'dark side' of the pawn business are interesting. There's a good reason they do trade from a small, bullet proof window at night.

I enjoyed it.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:43 PM   #592
voracious71
Addict
voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle PW4, Kobo Clara
I bought the Autobiography of Mark Twain..I almost bought that book at B&N a few months backs- pretty cool to get it for a dollar.
voracious71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:17 AM   #593
brdwygurl
Connoisseur
brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle and iPad
One new upcoming offer in the assets folder today (along with a couple of new advertisments):
  • Get $100 off select HD TV's from major brands
brdwygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 02:50 AM   #594
shibamistress
Groupie
shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KSO (3G), Nook Color, android apps
I'll probably use the bio/memoir one....I teach this genre, so it's always good for me to keep up to date on what people are doing, though I notice it's often more heavy on the bio and less on the literary memoir usually...but maybe not this time around. I'll go check it out anyway.

My husband would like the HDTV one, but you know, we already HAVE an HDTV that we rarely watch, so even though he was lusting after some truly giant ones at Sams Club the other day, I had to remind him that since we only turn the TV on a couple of times a month, it hardly seems worth it.

But he does love his gadgets and electronics!

eta: I ended up getting the bio of Bonhoeffer too. I already had the good memoirs, so this seemed intriguing.

Last edited by shibamistress; 09-10-2011 at 03:36 AM.
shibamistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:58 AM   #595
brdwygurl
Connoisseur
brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle and iPad
The HD TV offer is live. Pretty limited/expensive list. But I guess if you were going to buy anyway

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1000717251

Also a new upcoming offer in the assets folder:

Save $10 on a $25 purchase of select software downloads
brdwygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:08 PM   #596
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Dumb question. Can amazon gift cards be use to buy agent priced books?
Old 09-11-2011, 02:42 PM   #597
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
Quote:
Originally Posted by hn333 View Post
Dumb question. Can amazon gift cards be use to buy agent priced books?
Yes, if you have a gift card balance, any ebooks you buy will come from your gift card balance automatically. Any ebook.

And...there are no dumb questions!
PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:42 PM   #598
hn333
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG4003 View Post
Yes, if you have a gift card balance, any ebooks you buy will come from your gift card balance automatically. Any ebook.

And...there are no dumb questions!
Thanks, good to know.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:58 AM   #599
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
New offer (sign up by Sept 17)

Save $10 on a $25 purchase of select software downloads at Amazon.com Expires October 17, 2011
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:44 PM   #600
kuklachica
Enthusiast
kuklachica began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G/WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
New offers today (claim by 9 Sep):

Buy one of 100 Biographies & Memoirs for $1 expires Oct 9
Save $30 when you spend $80 at MYHABIT expires Oct 9
I am confused.... I just got a KSO and don't see any of these offers... only an AT&T one, $25 off software, ABC's Revenge and something else... but neither of these. Also, don't have any of the screen savers (though I did check them off in the Manage Kindle area). What am I doing wrong? Wi-fi is on.
kuklachica is offline   Reply With Quote