Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 01:53 AM   #16
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I deleted the 4 default kb shorts in Increase & Decrease Font size and added my own (Ctrl+↑ and Ctrl+↓), when I exited Preferences I got this error:

Error: Unhandled error
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'range' of null
Error at userscript:viewer.js:13566:23
Traceback (most recent call last):
at Number.onload (userscript:viewer.js:12007:21)
at IframeBoss.content_loaded (userscript:viewer.js:17362:18)
at IframeBoss.content_loaded_stage2 (userscript:viewer.js:17397:18)
at IframeBoss.onscroll (userscript:viewer.js:17477:22)
at IframeBoss.update_cfi (userscript:viewer.js:17452:19)
at at_current (userscript:viewer.js:13644:27)
at x_loop (userscript:viewer.js:13625:31)
at at_point (userscript:viewer.js:13566:23)
TypeError: Cannot read property 'range' of null

After dismissing that I got a spinning wheel and message about reloading an index......html file (sorry my Autocopy 'missed' it) - I quit the viewer. When I restarted the viewer my kb shorts were working

Usability - on exiting the 'dialogue' for changing a kb short I was back at the top of the list (i.e at Navigation Back) -- I find that irritating. IIRC the v3 server might be similar, but I'm still using version 2 server.

BR
Old 09-09-2019, 02:21 AM   #17
colinsky
Addict
colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
agree that the loading spinning is a bit jarring, it's going from static text to a something moving. Would prefer no loading mark---either keep the old text until the new content is loaded or just go temporily blank.
Advert
Old 09-09-2019, 02:23 AM   #18
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'm testing with 32bit version, when I exit the beta and start 3.47.1 64 bit my main window has shrunk to about 1020 x780.

So I resize it to its normal size, about 2350x1200. When I close 3.47.1 and start the beta - its 2350x1200. But when I exit the beta and start 3.47.1 the main window has shrunk again.

But if I start, stop, start the beta it keeps my preferred size.

There's been some similar issues in Sigil, but they were on MacOS, I'm on Win 10 Pro 1809.

Added : Swapping between 32 and 64 bit calibre is something I do quite often, I normally have 2.85.1 32bit installed so I can use the version 2 server. Don't see this behaviour in that scenario.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 09-09-2019 at 02:29 AM.
Old 09-09-2019, 02:50 AM   #19
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@BR: that error will be fixed in the next beta, as for the main window size change, that's sadly a side-effect of different Qt versions in mainline vs beta, not much I can do about it.

@clinsky and @theducks: I will look into making the loading screen less obtrusive
Old 09-09-2019, 04:22 AM   #20
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
In the new viewer is there any way of getting a single column mode?

Also I changed the font size to something comfortable for reading and it made the fonts for the interface (preferences etc) comicly large. Can I change them independently?

Thanks
Advert
Old 09-09-2019, 05:09 AM   #21
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Preferences->Page layout lets you control the number of pages per screen. There isn't a way to set the interface font separately from the reading font size, but that can probably be added.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:48 AM   #22
un_pogaz
Chalut o/
un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo
In the "comments" field: The CSS "text-align: justify" is completely deleted. (unlike"text-align: right;" "text-align: center;" which are converted to align="right" or align="center")

Also, I find the choice of doubtful and if conversion there should be, I prefer from the attribute "align" to CSS "text-align:"
I don't know how the "align" attribute works, but I know that with CSS, there an inheritance system.

Personally this causes me a serious problem: I created a software that reads and modifies the Descriptions in metadata.db and deletes all superfluous CSS, then writes in the root <div> of the Description style="text-align: justify;". This is no longer taken into account, my entire (test) library is broken!

Last edited by un_pogaz; 09-09-2019 at 05:52 AM.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:52 AM   #23
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I dont see how ignoring text-align: justify breaks anything. You just have unjustified text instead. In any case the list of CSS that the Qt rich text widget supports is here: https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/richtext-html-subset.html
Old 09-09-2019, 05:58 AM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Will running the Calibre v4 beta make any changes to the existing database?
Old 09-09-2019, 06:09 AM   #25
un_pogaz
Chalut o/
un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.

@JSWolf not directly. It is this reading and interpretation of its content that is broken.

There's a paragraph missing in my first post.
My problem is that style="text-align: justify;" in the root <div> is not converted.

... *check the link* Oh god, is Qt who has to do something wrong.
It does not accept "text-align:" and must automatically convert them to an "align" attribute. And for some reason, he can't stand style="text-align: justify;" in root <div> (mais style="text-align: center;" and style="text-align: right;", yes)

Last edited by un_pogaz; 09-09-2019 at 06:14 AM.
Old 09-09-2019, 06:12 AM   #26
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Will running the Calibre v4 beta make any changes to the existing database?
No it wont
Old 09-09-2019, 06:14 AM   #27
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I have made the loading screen use the same colors as the book text, which makes it less obtrusive. If people still dont like it, I can halt the animation.
Old 09-09-2019, 06:53 AM   #28
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Usability - on exiting the 'dialogue' for changing a kb short I was back at the top of the list (i.e at Navigation Back) -- I find that irritating. IIRC the v3 server might be similar, but I'm still using version 2 server.

BR
Fixed in the next beta
Old 09-09-2019, 07:19 AM   #29
un_pogaz
Chalut o/

Ok, it seems that the problem comes from Qt WebEngine, and I doubt it really concerns Caliber. (I changed my software accordingly)
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 09-09-2019, 07:46 AM   #30
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Uploaded version 3.99.1 with fixes for all reported issues, so far.
Closed Thread