Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-23-2010, 12:50 AM   #1
Daemon
Daemon began at the beginning.

Device: none
Suggestion: Remove all tags button in the bulk edit screen

When importing a mass of books from Project Gutenberg, for example, I generally want to remove the existing tags and replace them with my own. For whatever reason, there is currently no good way to strip all of the tags from multiple books at once. A "remove all tags" button seems fairly straightforward addition, and would make adding and re-tagging large numbers of books much quicker.
Daemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:43 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
When importing a mass of books from Project Gutenberg, for example, I generally want to remove the existing tags and replace them with my own. For whatever reason, there is currently no good way to strip all of the tags from multiple books at once. A "remove all tags" button seems fairly straightforward addition, and would make adding and re-tagging large numbers of books much quicker.
I also prefer entering my tags manually, so I don't download the tags to begin with. You can turn off downloading tags by going to Preferences - Plugins - Metadata download plugins - customize each plugin and uncheck download tags.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2010, 05:02 AM   #3
Daemon
Daemon began at the beginning.

Device: none
I wasn't even thinking about downloaded tags... I meant the tags that come with the file itself. For example, files from PG come with tags, but they are rather arbitrary and quite inconsistent.
Daemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 06:58 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Suggestion: enhancement requests should be entered as tickets in http://bugs.calibre-ebook.com/. That way, they have a much better chance of not being forgotten.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote