Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-23-2010, 02:18 PM   #1
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
PB302 Screen Fading im Sonnenlicht

Grüße,

Ich entschuldige mich, wenn diese Meldung klingt seltsam. Ich spreche kein Deutsch, und ich bin mit Google Translate. Diejenigen von Ihnen, ein Taschenbuch 302: Haben Sie irgendwelche Verblassen der Bildschirm in direktem Sonnenlicht eigenen? Mein 302 ist Fading zum Punkt der Unlesbarkeit bei direkter Sonneneinstrahlung. Das Taschenbuch Service Center hat angeregt, eine matte Bildschirm platziert auf dem Touchscreen abdecken wird dieses Problem zu beheben. Kann jemand dies bestätigen. Um es deutlich: Ich spreche nicht von Blendung oder etwas Ähnliches. Dies ist das Ausbleichen, die auf anderen E-Ink-Leser beobachtet worden und ist aufgrund der schlechten Charge-Bildschirme von LG gefertigt. Die Fading tritt auf, wenn ich Seiten in direktem Sonnenlicht zu wechseln. Wenn ich die Hälfte des Bildschirms in den Schatten zu halten, ist der schattigen HALF NORMAL und die Hälfte in der Sonne ist fast bis zum Punkt des Seins blank verblasst. Vielen Dank für jede Hilfe Sie geben können.

Luqman
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:14 PM   #2
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Hi Luqman,

yes, some of us have been experiencing this weird effect on our 302. It is indeed very similar to what has been happening on some Kindle 2 in the US. From what I could read, it is apparently due to a display defect that has been occurring with a whole batch of e-ink displays, probably all produced in the same period of time by the same e-ink display producer (there are obviously not so many of those on the market) but destined to be shipped to different e-reader companies.

This has nothing to do with the reflexion, that is indeed quite strong on the 302, and which can be somewhat diminished with a protective foil. What we are here speaking about is exactly what you are describing, where part of the text simply vanishes as soon as the display is exposed to direct sunlight.

I contacted the german Pockebook aftersale representant, who asked me to send him back the device. He probably will change the display on it. Have you tried contacting yours in the US ? They too seem to be very active on the english part of the forum.

Last edited by aceflor; 04-23-2010 at 03:21 PM.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2010, 03:16 PM   #3
Drseltsam
Connoisseur
Drseltsam began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 360
Hello luqmaninbmore,
most people here also speak english pretty well. Could you consider posting your problem in english? I think I get what your talking but there is quite a but lost in translation.

There is also a english speaking forum, have you tried to get help there?

Greetings
Drseltsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:30 AM   #4
obale
Enthusiast
obale began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302
Same problem on my Pocketbook 302.
obale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:38 AM   #5
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
I have moved this thread to the international Pocketbook subforum, as everybody's talking English anyway.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2010, 03:26 PM   #6
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
This is an issue across the board. There are several threads in the Sony section, too. People having issues there had mixed responses from Sony service. Some of them had their units replaced, others received messages like that would be normal even though they advertise that you can read it even in direct sunlight.

Short message here: contact the store you bought the reader from and explain your problem. If they don't care about your issue, take it to the manufacturer. They should replace the screen or the whole reader.
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:12 AM   #7
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
The problem is that it fades really badly even during an overcast day. I took it out for my walk yesterday with skies cloudy and it still faded to the point of illegibility.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:56 AM   #8
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
I don't have this problem on any of my readers. Contact the service of your device and ask for exchange.
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:06 PM   #9
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
The problem is that it fades really badly even during an overcast day. I took it out for my walk yesterday with skies cloudy and it still faded to the point of illegibility.
Please return your device. We will replace the faulty screen.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote