Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-24-2009, 10:46 PM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Header/Footer Problems with conversion

I have problems with pdf conversions in Calibre. I get author name and page numbers radomly throughout the text. I checked, and I have remove header and remove footer checked under conversion. The PDF line conversion is set to .50.

Thanks for your help and Merry Christmas!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:01 AM   #2
lazyartist
lazyartist began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad is my only Computer :)
Anyone have a fix for this? I have the same prob
lazyartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2010, 07:42 AM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
The default will not work in most cases. You will need to write a regular expression for the file in question.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:55 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
I have problems with pdf conversions in Calibre. I get author name and page numbers radomly throughout the text. I checked, and I have remove header and remove footer checked under conversion. The PDF line conversion is set to .50.

Thanks for your help and Merry Christmas!
I don't have the skill to write a regex to effectively remove the header and footer from a PDF file.

So I take an extra step. I download the free mobipocket creator, then import the PDF into mobipocket creator, remove the header and footer, then save the file as a html and finally I convert it to the format I want with Calibre.

At least I think this is what I did the last few times I needed the footer and header removed. I'm at work and can't reference my home machine at this time.

UPDATE: It was too long ago for my memory to be reliable so I just grabbed a couple of horrible PDF files and reinstalled Mobipocket Creator. I discovered I was wrong.

Mobipocket Creator removed many atrocious headers for me in the past so I fooled my old memory into thinking it worked all the time. Even when it removed a bad text header I had to manually remove page numbers or other junk using wordpad or MS Word. I primarily used Mobipocket Creator to remove some trash headers and change a PDF to HTML so I could do a quick clean up of the html file.

Sorry for the confusion.... now where else did I post this error?

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 01-17-2010 at 09:52 PM. Reason: I am correcting misinformation with this update.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:04 AM   #5
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I don't have the skill to write a regex to effectively remove the header and footer from a PDF file.

So I take an extra step. I download the free mobipocket creator, then import the PDF into mobipocket creator, remove the header and footer, then save the file as a html and finally I convert it to the format I want with Calibre.

At least I think this is what I did the last few times I needed the footer and header removed. I'm at work and can't reference my home machine at this time.

Good Luck!
Thanks. That is what I have been doing - convert with mobipocket creator and then import into Calibre. Works like a charm, althoug I think I could probably format Calibre to make mobipocket creator redundant, but I'm not there yet.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert