Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-25-2009, 01:01 AM   #1
Diligently Me
Diligently Me began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Adobe Digital Editions and DX?

My professor has written a book for one of my classes and I need to download it from primisonline. Which, my guess is Mcgraw's online distributor. And so, I am wondering if I could use Adobe Digital Editions to transfer the pdf into my Kindle DX.

If not, are they're any ways that I can use to get this pdf onto my Kindle DX?
Diligently Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:32 PM   #2
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligently Me View Post
My professor has written a book for one of my classes and I need to download it from primisonline. Which, my guess is Mcgraw's online distributor. And so, I am wondering if I could use Adobe Digital Editions to transfer the pdf into my Kindle DX.

If not, are they're any ways that I can use to get this pdf onto my Kindle DX?
You can't transfer directly to Kindle DX, as it doesn't handle DRMed PDFs natively.
(I guess, it will be DRMed. You easily can check this on your PC, by trying to open the book in Adobe Reader.)
I'm pretty sure, Kindle DX won't even be recognised in ADE.
But there's a (not too complicated or time consuming) workaround.
You can strip both, PDF and ePUB, from DRM.
If it's PDF, that's it. Kindle DX can handle DRM-free PDFs.
If it's ePUB (probably not, just wanted to briefly describe), you can strip from DRM as well and then convert to PDF or AZW for Kindle.

DRM = Digital Rights Management = kind of copy protection

Searching for DRM, Kindle, Adobe should lead you into the right direction. Either in Google or in this forum.

Last edited by mgmueller; 09-25-2009 at 04:36 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert