Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-21-2016, 08:49 PM   #1
Leo78256
Leo78256 began at the beginning.

Device: Microsoft Surface RT
App for management of Calibre library for iPhone

Every year or so I check in to this forum to see if there's been any development for my specific issue.

I absolutely love managing my ebooks through Calibre. But having to use its content server through Safari to sync books so I can read them with iBooks on my Iphone 6+ is clunky. Not to mention that iTunes messes up my library all the time.

Has anyone created an ebook reader app that automatically does this sync?

Basically what I want is an iBook type reader that syncs directly to my mac Calibre.

Thanks!
Leo78256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 09:24 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Have you ever heard of Calibre Companion for Android?

Well, the big news these days is that it is finally being ported over to iOS.
See here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=275905
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2016, 12:55 AM   #3
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo78256 View Post
Basically what I want is an iBook type reader that syncs directly to my mac Calibre.

Thanks!
That's what I want too, and I found it last year. It's MapleRead. You can now try it out for free on iPhone.

The developer (sbaylor) has an active presence on mobilread. See this thread and this post.
cedhax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 06:07 PM   #4
Leo78256
Leo78256 began at the beginning.

Device: Microsoft Surface RT
Thanks, folks.

How does Mapleread do the syncing? Through a cloud, or directly to my mac? Or should I post in the Mapleread threads?
Leo78256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 09:35 PM   #5
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
Read their FAQ: https://www.maplepop.com/web/mr/help.php
cedhax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2016, 08:44 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Please post any further questions on MapleRead in the MapleRead thread.

Thank you for your understanding.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote