Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 08-01-2008, 10:40 AM   #1
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
P. G. Wodehouse early works (copyright)

Hello, I have a question regarding copyright and whether or not I can upload here.

This is regarding P. G. Wodehouse early works. Wodehouse died in 1975, so that his works are not public domain in Canada or other life+50 countries. There are, however, some books he wrote and published before 1923, and I understand they are public domain in the USA. But the tricky thing is that, apparently, not all of them were published in the USA before 1923 (see here). For instance, "The Swoop!" was published in 1909 in the UK, but not until 1979 in the USA. Nevertheless, many of these works are available in Project Gutenberg.

So, the question is, can I upload any of these works here?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:58 AM   #2
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Someone else should correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the policy here is to allow uploads as long as the uploader has a legal right to distribute the work. So e.g. if the work is public domain in the US and you're a US citizen then it's fine even if the work is still under copyright in the UK. People downloading books are requested to check to make sure that the book is legal for them to download in their jurisdiction.

For the Wodehouse books in particular, I'm pretty sure that PG makes sure they have solid evidence any work they provide is in the public domain in the US -- you can always ask them if you want to know the details.

-Marshall
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2008, 11:04 AM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Most if not all Wodehouse available on PG is already available here.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:15 AM   #4
alia
Bookworm
alia began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
If it's available on PG, it should be fair game. And if it's not available on PG, send me the titles please because I may not have read them!
alia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:32 AM   #5
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK, stay tuned then, I'll be uploading mobipocket versions of "The Swoop!" and "William Tell Told Again" in the coming days, after I proofread them.
Advert
Old 08-01-2008, 11:38 AM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
more Wodehouse !!! brilliant news !!!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:39 AM   #7
alia
Bookworm
alia began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Awesome... thanks! I don't think I've read The Swoop. I am looking forward to it
alia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 12:21 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
OK, stay tuned then, I'll be uploading mobipocket versions of "The Swoop!" and "William Tell Told Again" in the coming days, after I proofread them.
Would you mind if I did LRF editions from your Mobipocket proofed editions?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 12:37 PM   #9
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Would you mind if I did LRF editions from your Mobipocket proofed editions?
Of course I wouldn't. I could give you the HTML I build the mobipocket from, if you'd prefer that.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:45 PM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I uploaded most of the Wodehouse material that's in the US public domain a while ago, but only in Sony format. I was planning to re-create them in nicer versions for both the Sony Reader and MobiPocket at some point, but it'll probably be a while before I can get around to it. If someone wants to re-do them before then, that's fine with me.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 06:35 PM   #11
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
But these books will need to go on the US server, not the Canadian one. PM a mod when you upload.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:58 PM   #12
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Ooh, Wodehouse! Will they be available in imp form?
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:02 PM   #13
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragginp View Post
Ooh, Wodehouse! Will they be available in imp form?
i recommend you take a look at nrapallo's excellent .imp conversion tools (among others) for easily creating .imp files from other formats. i think you'll find them very useful. you can find an excellent list of useful softs in our wiki.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:25 PM   #14
robinson
Zealot
robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Blandings Castle ebooks?

Greetings!

Own these in hard copy; would like ebook versions. No one anywhere seems to have them-- not Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Fictionwise, the iBook store, etc.

Anyone know why that is? Wodehouse is such a popular author that it is surprising. Perhaps, he's so popular his estate thinks that providing ebook versions would hurt their sales. Ha! It's just the opposite in my case--they'd generate sales. Plus, there's a whole new cohort of readers who expect ebooks!
robinson is offline   Reply With Quote