Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-25-2012, 12:51 PM   #1
minusman
minusman began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Touch, Kobo Arc
Screen Issues

Been watching this forum for a while to learn about the kobo arc which was to be a Christmas gift for my partner.

Unfortunately, I didn't finally make an account to discuss to a positive experience.

Upon opening her Arc yesterday my partner was unable to sign in to Kobo because the P and . keys didn't work. She eventually used a different email and signed on, but any key presses in that "column" of the screen wouldn't work.

I tried to do some debugging this morning and, using a simple drawing app, was able to find out that indeed that whole column of the screen was not functioning.

See the screenshot.

I live chatted with kobo support this morning and found out, because I got it nearly a month ago, we cannot just take it to the store to replace it, but we have go through kobo support, a process that will take up to 2 weeks.

Major disappointment.
minusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:58 PM   #2
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Fonepad,kobo arc,htc onex, htc titan
If your in the UK you have 30 days to return to store for.exchange. Where are you located
stevov is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2012, 04:00 PM   #3
minusman

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevov View Post
If your in the UK you have 30 days to return to store for.exchange. Where are you located
Canada
Old 12-25-2012, 04:06 PM   #4
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Take it back to the store. They can only say no.if it was unopened before today the system would log when the arc was first used. I opened mine today and the first thing I had to do was upgrade which would be logged.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:22 AM   #5
minusman

On stevov's suggestion, we took it to the store today and had no problem exchanging (involved returning then buying a new one) the Arc. We were even able to take advantage of Indigo boxing day sale and got a free Mini. It kind of made up for the poor experience at first.

Thanks for the help!
Advert
Old 12-27-2012, 02:30 AM   #6
stevov
Groupie

Excellent news mate. My own experience with customer support when asking about hypothetical warranty repair I was told I would have to send it back to Canada for repair and that I only had two weeks from purchase for exchange. When I finally got in touch with a knowledgeable WHSmith rep(UK retailer) it was then I found out the thirty days and in my case the unit would be repaired /replaced in the UK. The best part was the number for UK support connected me to a nice young lady in the Carribean. If Kobo want to have a global presence they ready need to sort out they're customer support. If I had left it at what they had told me instead of digging I'd be writing this on a nexus and you would still be an unhappy customer. Instead we're both happy and recommending the arc. No thanks to CS. Merry Christmas mate.