Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-06-2013, 09:54 AM   #61
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Some highwayman characters:

St. Raven by Jo Beverley.
The Black Moth by Georgette Heyer (free at Girlebooks).
Captain Gallant by Sylvia Thorpe.
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:00 AM   #62
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Free from Amazon:

The Chalice and the Blade US DE by Tara Janzen.

Quote:
THE CHALICE TRILOGY
In a land of dark seas, pagan rituals, and the lost memories of a far distant past comes a story of epic fantasy and stunning sensuality. The time is the twelfth century of the Fifth Age of Men, the year 1198 A.D. The Seven Books of Lore have long been scattered to the far corners of the earth, awaiting the one who can bring them together to fight an ancient enemy from the Age of Darkness.

THE CHALICE AND THE BLADE – Book One
One woman holds the key to victory in the first clash of war. Ceridwen, a lost priestess of the old religion, escapes the secluded abbey of her youth and her unholy betrothal to an evil lord, only to be led by fate and sacred prophesy into the castle tower of a sorcerer feared throughout Wales.
Magician, trickster, and a warrior of uncommon skill and deadly grace, Dain Lavrans survived the Lionheart’s Crusade and his captivity in the Holy Land to become the mage of Wydehaw Castle. But despite all he’s learned of magic and medicine, he does not behold true enchantment until the mysterious Ceridwen is given into his keeping. Passion and innocence has never woven a more binding spell than in the maid, nor has power and fierceness ever combined in a less likely vessel.
From the wild tribes of the forest, to the March lords of Wales, to the defrocked priests from the Isle of Saints, there are many who seek the maiden, all meaning to wrest her power, her legacy, and the promise of immortality for themselves.
But while politics, passion, and greed seethe across the land, in a labyrinth of caves below a fortress in the north, the world’s most ancient enemy is stirring to life.
Deathscape US DE by Dana Marton (repeat freebie).

Quote:
After a near-death experience, artist Ashley Price is compelled to paint visions of the dead. Then she paints a man buried alive and, recognizing the surroundings, she rushes to save him.

Instead of being grateful to her for rescuing him, Detective Jack Sullivan accuses her of being in league with a serial killer. He swears he will put her behind bars. Except, the more time he spends with her, the more he falls under her spell. Can he trust her, or is he walking into another deadly trap?
Advert
Old 02-06-2013, 12:07 PM   #63
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christyv View Post
Darn, that bundle is showing up for 99 cents. I know that isn't anything, but I still haven't read all my 5 cent books from the Harlequin $4 off sale.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #64
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britomart View Post

St. Raven by Jo Beverley.
The Black Moth by Georgette Heyer (free at Girlebooks).
Captain Gallant by Sylvia Thorpe.
I picked up The Black Moth. I'm a big Georgette Heyer fan.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:10 PM   #65
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britomart View Post

St. Raven by Jo Beverley.[/B]
I will look into this one. I should of mention I was looking for romance that written in 70s-2000s. I love Heyer but I when I read her books I think of them as Classic Regency instead of romance novels even though she is one of our pioneers that got us to where we are today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
I own the Sourcebook version I got it for like 99 cents but usually all overdrive libraries carry these versions at least the three I belong to do. They are really nicely formatted.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2013, 02:11 PM   #66
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Darn, that bundle is showing up for 99 cents. I know that isn't anything, but I still haven't read all my 5 cent books from the Harlequin $4 off sale.
Yeah same here.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:12 PM   #67
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I came across this one yesterday. Can't remember where... maybe freebooksy? Enjoy if you don't already have it!

Her Wicked Ways
I do have this one thanks!

It's also free at Smashwords.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 06-01-2013 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Removed user name from quote as it is no longer in service.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:39 PM   #68
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
The Black Moth by Georgette Heyer is available right here on MR for free.

Last edited by frozennorth; 02-06-2013 at 05:41 PM.
frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:38 PM   #69
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Penguin (gasp! ) has a few romances on sale for $1.99. Some are fairly recent. So far I'm just seeing the prices at Amazon & Kobo

Magic Unchained (Nightkeepers #7) - Jessica Andersen Kindle | Kobo
Irresistible (Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse #3) *1998 rerelease - Mary Balogh - Kindle | Kobo
In the Company of Witches (Arcane Shot #2) - Joey W. Hill Kindle | Kobo
If I Fall (Blue Raven #4) - Kate Noble Kindle | Kobo
Hunter's Rise (Hunter's #14) - Shiloh Walker Kindle | Kobo
Wedded in Scandal (Bridal Favors #1) - Jade Lee Kindle | Kobo
Shadow's Fall (Shadow World #3) [more UF than romancy] - Dianne Sylvann Kindle | Kobo

Last edited by apesmom; 02-06-2013 at 08:05 PM.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:44 PM   #70
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Guys, I'm looking for historical romances involving heroes or heroines that are or disguise themselves as highwaymen. I just read two Nightrider and Dark of the Moon and I want more. Any good recommendations preferably ebook but if it's really good I'll grab a used copy if the ebook isn't available.
Pale Moon Rider, was a freebie back in September last year. Haven't seen it as a freebie again since though, but I'd be willing to loan it to you if you don't want to spend the money.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:56 PM   #71
Carmelreader
Groupie
Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, kindle HDX 8.9, ipad pro, ipad mini 2, Voyage, Oasis 2
Highwaymen: Recommended Reads

(Note: The list below was compiled at press time: Romantic Times Issue #196, June 2000)

THE LOVING HIGHWAYMAN Helen Ashfield (Fawcett)
Regency England
THE HIGHWAYMAN'S DAUGHTER Anne Avery (Love Spell)
18th-century England
MY LADY NOTORIOUS Jo Beverley (Avon)
Georgian England
THE HIGHWAY MAN Helen Cannam (Severn House)
1600s England
PALE MOON RIDER Marsha Canham (Dell)
1796 England
THROUGH A DARK MIST Marsha Canham (Dell)
Medieval England
THE HIGHWAYMAN Nadine Crenshaw (Pinnacle)
18th-century England
THE PHANTOM LOVER Millie Criswell (Harper)
1700s New York
MIDNIGHT'S BRIDE Kathleen Drymon (Zebra)
NIGHTRIDER Sandra DuBay (Leisure)
mid-1600s England
THE HIGHWAYMAN AND THE LADY Rachelle Edwards (Fawcett)
Regency England
VANITY Jane Feather (Bantam)
1780 England
THE HIGHWAYMAN Madeline Harper (Harl. Temptation)
Regency England
THE BLACK MOTH Georgettte Heyer (E.P. Dutton)
1800 England
THESE OLD SHADES Georgette Heyer (Bantam)
Regency England
A WHISPER AT MIDNIGHT Jennifer Lynn Hoffman (Disk-us Publishing)
THE LAST DUKE Andrea Kane (Pocket)
1828 England
THE PRINCE OF MIDNIGHT Laura Kinsale (Avon)
1800 England
NOTORIOUS Kathyrn Kramer (Zebra)
1655 England
CAPTAIN JACK'S WOMAN Stephanie Laurens (Avon)
1811 England
GENTLE ROGUE Johanna Lindsey (Avon)
Regency England
LADY SHERRY AND THE HIGHWAYMAN Maggie MacKeever (Signet)
Regency England
DEVIL'S DESIRE Laurie McBain (Dell)
Regency England
MOONSTRUCK MADNESS Laurie McBain (Avon)
1750 England
PRINCE OF THIEVES Melinda McRae (Topaz)
1800 England
HIGHWAYMAN Doreen Owens Malek (Harper)
HEATHER AND VELVET Teresa Medieros (Bantam)
1791 England
VIXEN IN VELVET Fern Michaels (Ballantine)
19th-century England
THE SECRETS OF THE HEART Kasey Michaels (Pocket)
Regency England
THE LAST HIGHWAYMAN Katherine O'Neal (Bantam)
19th-century England
REBEL WIND Stobie Piel (Pinnacle)
Civil War-era Maine
SURRENDER Amanda Quick (Bantam)
Regency England
THE HIGHWAYMAN Catherine Reynolds (Harl. Romance)
Regency England
THE DEVIL'S LADY Patricia Rice (Onyx)
1700 England
DARK OF THE MOON Karen Robards (Avon)
Late-1800s Ireland
STEALING MIDNIGHT Sonia Simone (Harper)
MY FIRST DUCHESS Susan Sizemore (Harper)
Georgian England
COME THE NIGHT Christina Skye (Dell)
1814 England
A HIGHWAYMAN CAME RIDING Joan Smith (Fawcett)
Regency England
THE HIGHWAYMAN'S LADY Rose Somerset
MIDNIGHT BANDIT Marlene Suson (Avon)
1743 England
MIDNIGHT RAIDER Shelly Thacker (Avon)
1735 England
THE HIGHWAYMAN Sylvia Thorpe (Fawcett)
Regency England

In case you would like a lot of ideas. Older ones but some really good. Used to read any I could find and couldn't remember titles, so googled and this came up. Now I am interested again..... Hope there is something here of interest.

Last edited by Carmelreader; 02-07-2013 at 12:04 AM.
Carmelreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:12 AM   #72
Carmelreader
Groupie
Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, kindle HDX 8.9, ipad pro, ipad mini 2, Voyage, Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
:
Guys, I'm looking for historical romances involving heroes or heroines that are or disguise themselves as highwaymen. I just read two Nightrider and Dark of the Moon and I want more. Any good recommendations preferably ebook but if it's really good I'll grab a used copy if the ebook isn't available.
Goodreads has a list of 34 best highwaymen romances:

http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/8...aymen_Romances

Hope you find something
Carmelreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:36 AM   #73
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
Pale Moon Rider, was a freebie back in September last year. Haven't seen it as a freebie again since though, but I'd be willing to loan it to you if you don't want to spend the money.
I have this one!
Old 02-07-2013, 12:37 AM   #74
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmelreader View Post
Highwaymen: Recommended Reads

In case you would like a lot of ideas. Older ones but some really good. Used to read any I could find and couldn't remember titles, so googled and this came up. Now I am interested again..... Hope there is something here of interest.
I am on the right track now!
Old 02-07-2013, 01:53 AM   #75
Britomart
Guru

There's also a list of Cons, Burglars, and Pickpockets over at All About Romance that contains a number of highwayman heroes and heroines. Many of the romances listed were written in the 2000s.