Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-30-2005, 11:20 AM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Palm's third business line - Baby Palm!

It hit me when I saw the good news over at PalmFocus today about Lance expecting a baby this weekend. (Congratulations Lance!)

Most amazingly, as I thought about his new baby, it suddenly occurred to me what Palm's third business is. You know, the one that Jeff Hawkins alluded to in somewhat mysterious terms. Actually, I think it's pretty clear to me now... didn't he say very plainly that this new business was an infant? How in the world did we miss the clues? He was laying the whole thing out right before us.

There's a sophisticated line of Tungsten, LifeDrive and Treo devices for the older business people, the Zire line for the youngsters, and I'm convinced now that the soon to be announced line of mobile computing devices is "Baby Palm!"

It makes a lot of sense. He said to think about a world where you have constant connectivity and servers available wherever you go. When you are an infant you are always connected to someone... 24/7. And there are servers available all around you ready to play choo choo every time you are hungry. And like all of Jeff's creations, the Baby Palm line is sure to cause a fuss. When the little tyke throws his new gadget against the wall, that is!

Finally the mystery is solved!!!!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 12:21 PM   #2
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobR
There's a sophisticated line of Tungsten, LifeDrive and Treo devices for the older business people, the Zire line for the youngsters, and I'm convinced now that the soon to be announced line of mobile computing devices is "Baby Palm!"
But if I wanted a device that is susceptible to viruses, throws up periodically and costs alot, then I would have bought a WinCE instead.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2005, 12:30 PM   #3
Evan
... loves his toys!
Evan knows what time it isEvan knows what time it isEvan knows what time it isEvan knows what time it isEvan knows what time it isEvan knows what time it isEvan knows what time it isEvan knows what time it isEvan knows what time it isEvan knows what time it isEvan knows what time it is

Device: Treo 650
Bob, I'm not sure what you're taking but I could use some of it right now!
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 11:43 AM   #4
bcombee
bcombee began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Treo 650
Don't you remember the Palm OS Rhinestone announcement back in 2004?
You can still see it online at http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=6680.
bcombee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 01:15 PM   #5
Evan
... loves his toys!
Evan knows what time it isEvan knows what time it isEvan knows what time it isEvan knows what time it isEvan knows what time it isEvan knows what time it isEvan knows what time it isEvan knows what time it isEvan knows what time it isEvan knows what time it isEvan knows what time it is

Device: Treo 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcombee
Don't you remember the Palm OS Rhinestone announcement back in 2004?
You can still see it online at http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=6680.
Wow! That's hilarious? Especially...

Quote:
(5) Robust compatibility with previous sticker-based applications
LOL!
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert