Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-22-2017, 02:16 PM   #1
billsfan2
Enthusiast
billsfan2 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Nook Tablet, Nook HD+, Kindle PW 2015, Glowlight 3
Nook Glowlight 3 Screen Protectors?

Has anyone ordered any? I think the screen size is different than the Simple Touch, more like the Kindle Paperwhite 2015. Without one, fingerprints leave splotchy bright spots on screen.
billsfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 12:10 AM   #2
billsfan2
Enthusiast
billsfan2 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Nook Tablet, Nook HD+, Kindle PW 2015, Glowlight 3
There seem to be very few choices online and little reviews.
billsfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2018, 05:21 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by billsfan2 View Post
That's because not many people buy them because a screen protector is not needed.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 11:39 AM   #4
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by billsfan2 View Post
I believe the newer screens are more rugged than the Simple Touch with Glowlight where screen tears were common. If you get fingerprints on the screen, you should be able to wipe them off without much worry.

I'd recommend a case or sleeve for the reader when you aren't using it. But a screen protector is likely overkill.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 01:11 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I believe the newer screens are more rugged than the Simple Touch with Glowlight where screen tears were common. If you get fingerprints on the screen, you should be able to wipe them off without much worry.

I'd recommend a case or sleeve for the reader when you aren't using it. But a screen protector is likely overkill.
I agree except for the sleeve. Sleeves give no protection when not in use. And they are awful when out and about (not at home). The subway is an awful place for a sleeve. You have to get it out of the sleeve when you get in the train and then have to put it away as you approach the stop. A case is so much easier to deal with and it's easier to hold.
Advert
Old 01-23-2018, 04:39 PM   #6
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I agree except for the sleeve. Sleeves give no protection when not in use. And they are awful when out and about (not at home). The subway is an awful place for a sleeve. You have to get it out of the sleeve when you get in the train and then have to put it away as you approach the stop. A case is so much easier to deal with and it's easier to hold.
I kept my Nook ST in a sleeve and it's been as protected as it would be in a case. I prefer holding the Nook ST and Glowlight 3 as they are as opposed to wrapped in a bulky case. I also don't ride public transportation and don't tend to read while moving it gives me a headache).

I do have a case for my Aura as I didn't like how it felt as much as the Nooks. I'm a supporter of the soft touch plastic and rounder shape.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 04:53 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Nobody said a case has to be bulky. The case I have for my H2O is quite light and slim.
Old 01-23-2018, 07:01 PM   #8
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Nobody said a case has to be bulky. The case I have for my H2O is quite light and slim.
We get it. You prefer them. Some of us don't want the weight of a case. I got cases for more recent kindles because they slide right out of my hands. This Nook doesn't and I appreciate the feature which would be made useless with a case.

I talked to the B&N Store and to their knowledge, there is no screen protector specific for the Glo 3 AS YET. While I am not getting fingerprint bright spots on my Glo3, everybody has different oils on their skin, so I certainly don't doubt it. I have always liked the brand name Nook ST antiglare protector - and it shows no fingerprints at all - easy to clean. I've had this unit and the original screen protector since November 2009 - still going strong with zero scratches. I do use a sleeve when not reading. If your local store doesn't have the older screen protectors, check on Ebay or similar.

Last edited by Tarana; 01-23-2018 at 08:26 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 08:27 PM   #9
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I use a case most of the time but at times I'll take it off and leave it off just for a change of pace. Offhand I'd guess the device I'm reading my current book with is in a case 80% of the time. I don't really feel like the case is needed for safety. I rarely drop an electronic device. I do sometimes put one in my pocket and the case is nice when i do that.

My real reason for using a case is that it's easier to hold and easier to turn on, although the Glowlight 3 is an exception to that last one.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 10:22 PM   #10
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I chatted with B&N techies about another problem, but asked about the protector. At this time, there is none specific for Glo3, but she recommended the screen protector for 7" tablet.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote