Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 11-10-2016, 09:45 AM   #1
ChipAHoy
Thistle Sifter
ChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Question Conversion help epub to .mobi or aww

Can anyone tell me the easiest way (or otherwise) to convert an ePub to either a .mobi or .azw3 file, so that I can read it on my Kindle as a book? I am unable to do it with Calibre and cannot figure out how to do this one simple thing.

I have several ebooks on Kindle listed as docs rather than ebooks, and would prefer to have them all show up under books.
ChipAHoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 05:00 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipAHoy View Post
Can anyone tell me the easiest way (or otherwise) to convert an ePub to either a .mobi or .azw3 file, so that I can read it on my Kindle as a book? I am unable to do it with Calibre and cannot figure out how to do this one simple thing.

I have several ebooks on Kindle listed as docs rather than ebooks, and would prefer to have them all show up under books.
Download KindleGen and run it. Read about it in our wiki.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2016, 10:58 PM   #3
ChipAHoy
Thistle Sifter
ChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Download KindleGen and run it. Read about it in our wiki.
I didn't know about this, thanks very much.
ChipAHoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 11:26 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
When did Amazon release a Kindle Voyager?

Anyway, don't convert to Mobi (AZW). Convert to KF8 (AZW3). Mobi is obsolete and depending on how the ePub is setup, you could be losing formatting.

Calibre works well to convert ePub to KF8. If you use Kindlegen, you'll end up with eBooks that are much much larger than they need to be and you'll fill up your available storage with a lot less eBooks.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote