Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-15-2007, 11:58 AM   #16
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Maybe they sold all the ones they had?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 12:02 PM   #17
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible
Maybe they sold all the ones they had?
I don't think that would be a reason to pull down the sight for them, IMO.

Perhaps the OP caught them working on the sight update and just caught it at the right time and it will be shown again once they are ready to sell it. I am just guessing, who really knows other than SONY <G>
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2007, 02:02 PM   #18
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
Saw this on the newswire:

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...4506956&EDATE=

The Valentine's Day edition of the Reader features a luxurious textured leather cover from Dooney & Bourke, as well as the standard cover and a cloth carry bag.
It is packaged in a limited edition red gift box with a foil stamp featuring both the Dooney & Bourke and Sony logos. The special version of the Reader comes complete with a $25 gift card, redeemable at Sony's CONNECT(R) eBook store for romance novels, new non-fiction, or any of the more than 11,000 titles the online service offers.
Quantities of the Valentine's Day edition of Sony Reader are limited and it will only be available for a short time -- Jan. 16 through Feb. 9 -- at Sony Style stores and online at http://www.sonystyle.com.
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 06:07 AM   #19
JRAWKER
Connoisseur
JRAWKER began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Digital Paper
If they didn't charge tax online, I'd totally have bought this one....maybe I still will *~*
JRAWKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 09:26 AM   #20
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I had to go and look at this new DB reader. Actually I like the looks of the cover. Too bad they don't sell that seperate. OR maybe at some point in time DB will sell is seperately. Again, it might be more than I would want to pay seeings how this thing is already $150 over the other with no real change to the reader from what I can see.
Advert
Old 02-04-2007, 09:29 AM   #21
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Oh silly of me, that is what they are charging you for....... the cover. <sigh> Oh well I guess this cover won't be gracing my unit.

*Never judge a book by its cover, unless it's the PRS-500U2DB Dooney & Bourke limited edition Portable Reader with custom leather case ($149 value).*
Old 02-05-2007, 12:08 AM   #22
JRAWKER
Connoisseur

I returned my old reader and bought this one today. I couldn't resist. I'll post pictures once I have it (wed-thurs).

Old 02-05-2007, 12:54 AM   #23
JRAWKER
Connoisseur

Double post, ban! :P

Btw, when I returned my old reader, I returned it with the god damn SD card still in it. Not a big deal. I only put 512mb in....but still. Sucks.

Last edited by JRAWKER; 02-05-2007 at 01:20 AM.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:28 AM   #24
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRAWKER
Double post, ban! :P

Btw, when I returned my old reader, I returned it with the god damn SD card still in it. Not a big deal. I only put 512mb in....but still. Sucks.
bummer...... and if they resale it someone will probably have a set of books to go with it if Sony doesn't do an inspection. So you bought the expensive one?
Old 02-06-2007, 12:18 AM   #25
JRAWKER
Connoisseur

Yeah. After viewing that thread with the 380+ dollar case...The D&B one looked like a bargain! :P
Old 02-07-2007, 01:55 PM   #26
JRAWKER
Connoisseur

Just recieved the reader. The case is gorgeous. Its extremely high quality and feels VERY durable. The cloth case is very nice to the touch, too. Well worth the extra 150.

Sorry for the relatively poor picture quality. Taken w/ my cell phone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	02-07-07_1329.jpg
Views:	730
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	2799   Click image for larger version

Name:	02-07-07_1323.jpg
Views:	627
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	2800   Click image for larger version

Name:	02-07-07_1324.jpg
Views:	557
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	2801   Click image for larger version

Name:	02-07-07_1334.jpg
Views:	579
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	2803   Click image for larger version

Name:	02-07-07_1325.jpg
Views:	598
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	2804  
Old 02-07-2007, 02:13 PM   #27
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Oh I like the looks of that case. It would be nice if some companies out there would make something like this but maybe a little cheaper..... You and your camera did pretty good, thanks so much for sharing.

Oh and enjoy!
Old 02-08-2007, 12:17 AM   #28
JRAWKER
Connoisseur

The refresh rate on this model seems MUCH faster. I don't know if I'm just imagining it, though O_O

Edit: nvm.

Last edited by JRAWKER; 02-08-2007 at 03:05 AM.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:26 AM   #29
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Is the cover properly aligned with the Reader? That seems to be a significant issues with the standard leather covers!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 04:46 AM   #30
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Can you check the firmware version? It's somewhere in the Settings menu.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote