Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-06-2010, 06:17 AM   #1
ckirchho
ckirchho is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Best practise for checking EPUBs on the iPad

Hello,

currently we are facing the follwoing problem. After we generated EPUB files we would like to check them on the iPad (amongst other things).

When we drag and drop the files into iTunes, iTunes autoimatically changes the files. It inserts the file "iTunesMetadata.plist".

The problem ist, that when we deliver such a file to a customer end he then wants to upload the book to the iBookstore, they reiceive error messages because of that very file "iTunesMetadata.plist".

When I set the iTunes media library to make a copy of each file that it added, it does make a copy of the EPUB file and places it in the library folder, but it modifies both the copy and the original.

So as far as I can see the only solution is to before checking an EPUB file one has to make a copy of that file and check that copy, in order to keep the original EPUB file untouched.

Are there any other practises on how checking could be done with the least effort?

Best regards,

Christian Kirchhoff
ckirchho is offline   Reply With Quote