Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-13-2010, 05:51 PM   #1
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
PB360 Tutorial

Following the idea I've seen in another topic, I'm going to create a tutorial for the model I possess, the MM or PB360.

*edit* the topic has spawned surprising expectations...

Last edited by Logseman; 05-14-2010 at 08:37 PM.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:15 AM   #2
mdmorrissey
Addict
mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 360
Looked for that tutorial -- parece que no esiste!
mdmorrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2010, 08:18 AM   #3
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It doesn't. But people seem uninterested in the idea, so I can spare myself the effort
Old 05-25-2010, 08:48 AM   #4
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Basic 613
No offense, but I didn't read "I'm going to create a tutorial" as "... if you encourage me sufficiently".
rogue_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:16 AM   #5
Logseman
Orisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_librarian View Post
No offense, but I didn't read "I'm going to create a tutorial" as "... if you encourage me sufficiently".
In fact, the original post included the idea of making questions to build a more customised tutorial. Once I saw noone said anything, I edited it and let the post have the sleep of the just men.
Advert
Old 05-25-2010, 09:18 AM   #6
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
In fact, the original post included the idea of making questions to build a more customised tutorial. Once I saw noone said anything, I edited it and let the post have the sleep of the just men.
Okay, let's infuse new life in that, all right? I'm very interested and ready to cooperate.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:26 AM   #7
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie
Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux
+1 for the tutorial
Schnitzelbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:06 PM   #8
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Maybe thinking in terms of a FAQ instead of a tutorial (for starters) will help?

Anyway, you want questions? Okay, let's start with basics.

1- I just received my PB360. What should I do to get it ready to use?

fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 01:25 PM   #9
Logseman
Orisa

1. Switch it on to see that it works
And once you've done that, the recommendable thing is to switch it off, and leave it charging with the AC adapter or the USB cable for a very long time (12 hours) so that the battery gets correctly calibrated.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:26 PM   #10
mdmorrissey
Addict
mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

That's exactly where I am now. I played with it for a couple of hours first, of course. As I asked in another thread, though, I wasn't sure whether I had to set Settings > USB Mode > Charge first. And then another question is when I should plan on doing the next charge -- is there an optimal time for this or is this first charge special for some reason?
Old 05-25-2010, 02:29 PM   #11
Logseman
Orisa

The first charge is special since it helps calibrating the battery and enlarging its duration. I didn't do it (I was kinda impatient to try out the novel gizmo) and I know my battery lasts less than other people's.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:43 PM   #12
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Isn't a reset also recommended?
Old 05-25-2010, 04:14 PM   #13
Logseman
Orisa

I would assume the device has been reset before it comes to your hands, as it comes clean and in functioning state.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:24 PM   #14
mdmorrissey
Addict

Mine came today with a half-charged battery.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:59 PM   #15
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
I would assume the device has been reset before it comes to your hands, as it comes clean and in functioning state.
I recall seeing reports of the odd PB360 with erratic out-of-box behavior on some units that was cured by an initial reset.
I had a similar experience with my Kindle; afterwards it been months with zero issues.

Falls under the heading of "can't hurt-might help."