Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-26-2010, 02:42 PM   #1
Pamela S. Beason
Pamela S. Beason began at the beginning.

Device: none
Author embracing ebooks

Hi, I'm an author trying to navigate through the confusing ebook world.

You can find info about me and my books--suspense novel WILD and nonfiction Save Your Money, Your Sanity, and Our Planet on Smashwords at http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/10349

I listed them at $1.99 so everyone could download them. WILD is a Recommended Read on Suspense Magazine and has received many enthusiastic reviews on Amazon as a print book.

The Kindle versions are coming at the same price whenever Amazon gets its act together and lists them.

I would love to know what ebook readers are looking for, what they hate and what they love about their ereaders, etc. I'm hoping this new digital world will be the revolution that authors need to thrive and readers need to save their dough.
Pamela S. Beason
www.pamelasbeason.net
Pamela S. Beason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:13 PM   #2
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Hi Pamela. Welcome to MR! I checked out your finance book and it looked interesting, but it's very short. The sample was supposed to be the first 10% and it took me less than ten minutes (even with an interruption from my boss) to read. So in terms of what people are looking for, that would be the only reason I would not pay money for the book. It seemed like an okay read, but the only way I would get a book that short would be as a free read. $1.99 is a good price for a longer read, but I wouldn't really buy something that short.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2010, 03:42 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Pamela and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:49 PM   #4
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
hello and welcome to MR!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:57 PM   #5
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hi & welcome to MR.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2010, 11:39 AM   #6
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	HelloBunnyDaisies.gif
Views:	172
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	47042 Pamela, and welcome to Mobileread.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
money saving ebook, mystery novel, pamela s. beason, suspense novel, wild ebook