Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 11-18-2009, 08:37 PM   #1
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Oasis
release candidate 0.2-rc5

New snapshot with lot of bugfixes.

Please try and test.

As usual:
Old 11-19-2009, 04:23 AM   #2
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottedmag View Post
New snapshot with lot of bugfixes.

Please try and test.
On the Hanlin V3ext the Fifteen puzzle no longer responds to ANY keypress. Even the ZERO key no longer brings up help. Since there is now a default epuzzles.ini in /usr/share/keys that seems to include the previously missing up/down controls for the Hanlin V3, I removed my previously required epuzzles.ini in /home/user/.keys . It requires a very long press on the escape (↶) key to exit the puzzle, but it eventually does exit. AFAIK, the escape (↶) key is the only key that has any effect in the Fifteen puzzle.
Advert
Old 11-19-2009, 04:32 AM   #3
idle
I Do Like Ebooks
idle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocketbook Ultra 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
On the Hanlin V3ext the Fifteen puzzle no longer responds to ANY keypress. Even the ZERO key no longer brings up help. Since there is now a default epuzzles.ini in /usr/share/keys that seems to include the previously missing up/down controls for the Hanlin V3, I removed my previously required epuzzles.ini in /home/user/.keys . It requires a very long press on the escape (↶) key to exit the puzzle, but it eventually does exit. AFAIK, the escape (↶) key is the only key that has any effect in the Fifteen puzzle.
I just filed a ticket about it few minutes ago
Old 11-19-2009, 04:36 AM   #4
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idle View Post
I just filed a ticket about it few minutes ago
idle to the rescue again!!!!!!!

Thank you.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:44 AM   #5
idle
I Do Like Ebooks
idle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocketbook Ultra 650
That's a small thing to do - the real thanks should go to people who actually repair it. Which won't be me, I'm afraid.
Advert
Old 11-19-2009, 05:18 AM   #6
mrgoodkat
mrgoodkat began at the beginning.

Device: Hanvon N516
Thank you so much for the update. The cover for epubs does not get displayed in the graphical menu. I didnt have the chance to try other formats.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:13 AM   #7
Dave_S
What Title ?

On my Hanlin V3, I could not get any EPUB books to open, so now I am back on rc4 so that I can read.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:08 AM   #8
holterzoff
Connoisseur
holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: kindle3w, Ipad, iphone4
I never see a current book in the graphical main menu, not with or without picture, am i doing something wrong?
But that's minor for me, the update is great as ever.
Thank you
p.s.: i have no problem viewing epubs, seems a bit faster too...
Old 11-19-2009, 07:28 AM   #9
Dave_S
What Title ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by holterzoff View Post
p.s.: i have no problem viewing epubs, seems a bit faster too...
Thank you for your P.S.

After seeing your P.S. I reloaded rc5, and you are correct that there is no problem loading an EPUB book. Apparently all my fooling around trying to get the Fifteen puzzle to work got something screwed up in the key handling. I guess I will quit trying to get the puzzles to work and just enjoy reading until the new problem with puzzle keys gets fixed.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:49 AM   #10
ascherjim
Addict
ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook One, PocketBook 360, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One
I am pleased to report that the live version, as indicated in the Changelog, no longer wipes out the FAT16 internal memory. And while the live version initially seems to work all right from the SD card, when attempting to format a title I experience either an overlapping of menu screens or a complete freeze in the formatting operation. In other words, I have been unable to format a title in the live version, and I've tried several times after rebooting. Anyway, we're getting closer to perfection. Don't give up, please.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:52 PM   #11
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascherjim View Post
I am pleased to report that the live version, as indicated in the Changelog, no longer wipes out the FAT16 internal memory. And while the live version initially seems to work all right from the SD card, when attempting to format a title I experience either an overlapping of menu screens or a complete freeze in the formatting operation.
Thanks for confirmation. And what do you mean by "formatting a title"?
Old 11-19-2009, 04:59 PM   #12
ascherjim
Addict
ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dottedmag View Post
Thanks for confirmation. And what do you mean by "formatting a title"?
Going to the Settings menu and clicking 1 and bringing up the Format & Style menu, then trying to select a font from the Font Family menu. This is where the Font Family menu either overlaps with the Format & Style menu, or the whole reader (BeBook) freezes up.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:46 PM   #13
ascherjim
Addict

Quote:
Going to the Settings menu and clicking 1 and bringing up the Format & Style menu, then trying to select a font from the Font Family menu. This is where the Font Family menu either overlaps with the Format & Style menu, or the whole reader (BeBook) freezes up.
Dottedmag: I have been booting up this live version more and have been equally both gratified and frustrated to experience in working with the Format & Style menu inconsistent successes and failures. Certain features and options work sometimes and don't work other times. Through repeated attempts I HAVE though managed to get ALL the formats I desire established for my reading pleasure. Now, if I could only get the bookmark function to work, I'd be in seventh heaven. (When I attempt to bookmark a page, the reader tends to freeze.) But now being able finally to have my BeBook firmware working in the main memory and OI on the SD card is a great plus for me. I am confident the other instabilities and inconsistencies will eventually be worked by by your great team (of how many people?).
Old 11-21-2009, 02:52 AM   #14
Dave_S
What Title ?

Quote:
how many people?
The team members names and project functions are all listed in the Wiki.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:16 PM   #15
Seli
Connoisseur
Seli will become famous soon enoughSeli will become famous soon enoughSeli will become famous soon enoughSeli will become famous soon enoughSeli will become famous soon enoughSeli will become famous soon enoughSeli will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Android phone
Installed on my Hanlin v3, previous version was rc2 or 3.

I have a large Epub file (1800 pages) that was painfully slow on my previous installation with multi-second page-turns. Now it is as fast and responsive as most smaller files

Nice, thank you for all the nice work