Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 06-27-2009, 10:29 AM   #1
skyfish
Enthusiast
skyfish has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: NOOK, Win8 tablet, iPad
Lightbulb Make Q7 LCD Transflective

This idea has been circulated in the CarPC communities for a while, so people can see the screen in bright sun light. I am not sure how successful it is.

Anyway, it was said that if you take the LCD and the backlight apart, then put an one-way mirror film (those are used on windows), you COULD turn an ordinary LCD into transflective screen. When backlight is on, it works as the old way; when sunlight is bright, sunlight pass LCD then be reflected by the mirror, so you can read the screen.

when I was making DIY LCD projectors, I have taken apart many LCD screens. I can think of a few ways this could work. I will do some study and see how it would work on paper.
skyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:23 AM   #2
Nation.A.List
Addict
Nation.A.List doesn't litterNation.A.List doesn't litter

Device: SmartQ 7
For the less adventurous an easier solution would be a transflective screen protector For one I`m not keen to start taking mine to pieces and weilding a soldering iron just yet!
Nation.A.List is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert