Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-11-2009, 05:31 AM   #1
SpeedoJoe
SpeedoJoe began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
PRS-505 filesystem view

I was wondering if there was a method, be it a hack or something more official, to view my eBooks as a filesystem on my reader, I.E. navigate through the folders to view filenames.

Is this or a way or simulating it somehow possible?
SpeedoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:45 AM   #2
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedoJoe View Post
Is this or a way or simulating it somehow possible?
It's possible, but no one has done it yet... It's somewhere on my todo list to revisit BookSwap and extend it in that direction, but I've been spending my time on other projects lately. If someone else wanted to take it over, I'd be happy to hand the project off along with what API information I can dig up from my notes.
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2009, 03:26 PM   #3
PGP_Protector
Enthusiast
PGP_Protector doesn't litterPGP_Protector doesn't litterPGP_Protector doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
I'd love to see something like this.

Just got one for Christmas, and the only thing I don't care for is the organization of the books.

As my collection grows I'd love to have it sorted in a Nested category (Category /Author/Collection/Books)
PGP_Protector is offline   Reply With Quote