Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-16-2013, 08:50 PM   #1
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Embedding font in books that already have embedded font

I find that when I try to use calibre's embed font feature (convert book -> look and feel) on a book that already has a font (the publisher's) embedded in it, the publisher's font supersedes mine when I open the resulting azw3 file in kindle paperwhite 2.

If I filter out font-family to strip out references to the publisher's embedded font, calibre will end up not adding the font I am embedding to the CSS output, although it appears to still include the font files to the azw3. Yes, it is filtering out its own font.

My current workaround is to edit the file manually or to do two conversions, one to filter out embedded font and another to embed my own.

I think it would be useful to have an option to strip out any existing embedded font (both reference in CSS and font files).

Thank you.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:11 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
I find that when I try to use calibre's embed font feature (convert book -> look and feel) on a book that already has a font (the publisher's) embedded in it, the publisher's font supersedes mine when I open the resulting azw3 file in kindle paperwhite 2.

If I filter out font-family to strip out references to the publisher's embedded font, calibre will end up not adding the font I am embedding to the CSS output, although it appears to still include the font files to the azw3. Yes, it is filtering out its own font.

My current workaround is to edit the file manually or to do two conversions, one to filter out embedded font and another to embed my own.

I think it would be useful to have an option to strip out any existing embedded font (both reference in CSS and font files).

Thank you.
Modify EPUB PI can do some of this
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2013, 11:38 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...48005349c47156
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote