Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 05-25-2013, 12:06 PM   #16
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
I can't use Dragons and Dreams for my fairy tale collection - the title is taken by a Jane Yolan SF/f collection.

Titles are not copyrighted. You can use the Yolan title or you can use "The Shining," or you can title it "Atlas Shrugged," if you wish.

It's your decision, your call, your book.

ADDED: For some amusing moments:
http://www.librarything.com/topic/19725

My point is this: Titles are not copyrighted.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-25-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:08 PM   #17
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
I can't imagine it: Atlas Shrugged: Bedtime Stories"

nah, doesn't work.

BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2013, 12:16 PM   #18
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Grumpy Dragon and Other Fairy Tales

Becca Price

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:51 PM   #19
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Delete issue. Yolen's collection seems to be out of print, so it should be OK to use the title, especially if I subtitle it "Bedtime Stories" to further distinguish from her collection.

I just don't want to step on anybody's toes.
While they are not copyrighted you are wise to consider the issue. Someone looking for SF/F and getting your book will leave a negative review. Fairly or not really does not matter. Also the more unique your name, the easier you are to find.

But adding "Bedtime Stories" should fix that.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:24 PM   #20
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

need title help

You were all so very helpful naming the Dragons and Dreams collection, I wonder whether you can help me out again.

This is more a mixed bag of children's stories. There will be some fairy tales, and some stories that deal with specific occasions, like losing the first tooth, and combing snarly hair.

I'm pretty sure I want the subtitle to be "occasional stories" being a pun on occasional meaning for an occasion and occasional meaning sporadically. But what I'm not sure of is the over all title.

Help, please?

ETA: some of these stories will have been published as separate, even free, stories, but not all of them.
Advert
Old 06-11-2013, 03:32 PM   #21
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I thought of a few ideas off the top of my head:

Dreamland tales?
Nursery Stories?
Little Tales of Childhood?
Tales of Neverwhere?
Fairy Dreams of Childhood?
Little Timmy's Tales of Childhood?
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:58 PM   #22
BeccaPrice
Wizard

What do you think about simply "Occasional Stories" as a title, and categorize them by type?
Old 06-12-2013, 03:32 PM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'm thinking...

First Occasions
First Time Tales
Fairies and First Times
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #24
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'm thinking...

First Occasions
First Time Tales
Fairies and First Times
The last one brings more adult fare to my mind.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:40 PM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
The last one brings more adult fare to my mind.
How about this one then...

Bobby's First Time with a Fairy - The story of 18-year-old Bobby and his first time which just happens to be with a fairy.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #26
BeccaPrice
Wizard

*choke* I somehow don't think my audience would go for that.

I'm not sure quite what First Time Tales means, but I rather like the way it sounds.

There will be some traditional fairy tales, and some stories for special occasions, like the loss of the first tooth. I'm still putting the collection together - I've got 4 stories (well, the fourth one is plotted out, but needs to be written), and I'm looking for a collection of maybe 6 to 8 of them, sort of a sequel to Dragons and Dreams.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:58 PM   #27
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

I'm not sure quite what First Time Tales means, but I rather like the way it sounds.

There will be some traditional fairy tales, and some stories for special occasions, like the loss of the first tooth. I'm still putting the collection together - I've got 4 stories (well, the fourth one is plotted out, but needs to be written), and I'm looking for a collection of maybe 6 to 8 of them, sort of a sequel to Dragons and Dreams.
How about, "Dragons and Dreams Vol. II."?
Old 06-12-2013, 05:06 PM   #28
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
How about, "Dragons and Dreams Vol. II."?
Or since it is kids fare...

More Dragons and Dreams
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:24 PM   #29
BeccaPrice
Wizard

I thought of that, but at least at the moment there are no dragons anywhere in the book. (gargoyles, yes, but no dragons)
Old 06-12-2013, 05:28 PM   #30
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
I'd go for it if you write it.