Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-19-2013, 04:31 AM   #1
Jeff L
Zealot
Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Free (K) Fish Whistle by Daniel Pinkwater

Free at Amazon US, Canada, UK, France, Japan, and probably others.

Fish Whistle: Little Short Essays by Daniel Pinkwater

Daniel Pinkwater is a children's book writer as well as a longtime contributor to National Public Radio. This book collects many of his humorous on-air essays from his 25 year stint on NPR.

If you haven't heard Daniel Pinkwater before, you're in for a real treat.

Last edited by dreams; 02-19-2013 at 04:17 PM. Reason: clean link - moderator
Jeff L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:02 AM   #2
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Thanks I love his essays.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2013, 11:32 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Not someone I've heard of before, but this sounds interesting. Thanks!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:27 PM   #4
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I was a stay-at-home Dad for more than 20 years. In the mid-90s one of the public radio stations in New York City tried child appropriate, and child specific, programming during the day. One of the highlights was Daniel Pinkwater's Chinwag Theater, with the author reading several of his children's stories in episodes. The kids loved it! Later, on Car Talk, I learned that the "Pinkwater" is a (proposed) standard for a minimum comfortable car seat width.

I am really looking forward to reading this! Thanks!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:12 PM   #5
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff L View Post
Free at Amazon US, Canada, UK, France, Japan, and probably others.

Fish Whistle: Little Short Essays by Daniel Pinkwater

Daniel Pinkwater is a children's book writer as well as a longtime contributor to National Public Radio. This book collects many of his humorous on-air essays from his 25 year stint on NPR.

If you haven't heard Daniel Pinkwater before, you're in for a real treat.
Sneaky affiliate tag in above link (using the very old "o/asin/" format, the tag can be placed after that ASIN without using the word tag).

This one is clean: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BFUN07E

Last edited by dreams; 02-19-2013 at 04:18 PM. Reason: link cleaned in quote - moderator
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2013, 04:19 PM   #6
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Thank you Karen. I cleaned the link in the OP and in the quote. - moderator
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:54 AM   #7
Jeff L
Zealot
Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Sneaky affiliate tag in above link (using the very old "o/asin/" format, the tag can be placed after that ASIN without using the word tag).

If there was an error I apologize. It was unintentional.

Would someone explain what the error was. I thought an affiliate link was where you advertised Amazon products on your website.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:42 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

An affiliate link is where you make money when someone buys the product via your link. This is not permitted on MR without full disclosure of the fact that it is an affiliate link.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:06 AM   #9
Jeff L
Zealot

Not to drag out this off topic issue, but I've done some research on my own to find out how the offending link appeared.

I find free books by looking through http://us.kinlib.com. It seems that every link on that page has the URL entries that were deemed a violation. Following the small print I find that they are Amazon affiliates and I was using their links.

Now I understand. Won't make the same mistake again. Back to your regularly scheduled program.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:33 AM   #10
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Jeff,

If you cut the Amazon link off just after the asin, it removes the affiliate tag (this doesn't always work elsewhere).

The shortest link you can post:

amazon.com/dp/ASIN

(where ASIN = the ASIN of the item at Amazon, found in the URL or down the page in the product details).

This works for all items at amazon and is affiliate tag free.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:59 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff L View Post
Not to drag out this off topic issue, but I've done some research on my own to find out how the offending link appeared.

I find free books by looking through http://us.kinlib.com. It seems that every link on that page has the URL entries that were deemed a violation. Following the small print I find that they are Amazon affiliates and I was using their links.

Now I understand. Won't make the same mistake again. Back to your regularly scheduled program.
No problem, Jeff, it's easily done.