Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-03-2013, 02:40 PM   #1606
7hir7een
Reader of Books
7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Basic (11th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by levante View Post
Screensavers, new fonts, fontsize and marging hacks Ok.
Only this thing related with margin hack:
That happens when you tweak margins with css also, so it isn't just because of the hack.

While I'm waiting on my new pw2 to show up... levante, what did you do differently the first and second time that you got the hack to work correctly with no kindle repair screen? I did not have good luck tweaking the jar myself. At all.

I want the margin hack badly enough to install this even with that risk, but would like to try very hard not to brick another kindle
7hir7een is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:56 PM   #1607
levante
Connoisseur
levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: kindle NT, PW1, PW2, Kobo H2O
The first time I updated to 5.4.2 with all the hacks installed. I reinstalled python, prerequisites, etc. and when I reinstalled fonthack (the last of all) the kindle bricked.

After the factory reset the kindle was "clean". I jailbroke again, python, prerequisites and put in it some books. In this moment I saw that fontsize hack had survived the factory reset (perhaps JB and others?). I installed kual and fonthack with success. Later I installed Screensaver hack.
levante is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2013, 03:31 PM   #1608
elchamaco
Zealot
elchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, boox
Hi,

Examining the margins hack i see that it'll be not so difficult to reproduce the hack in other language. But I've some doubts,

The diferrences between the hacked margins and the original file are the next ones, original left, modified right:

$0A will be the 10 Margin
$14 the 20 Margin
$1E the 30 Margin
$12 the 18 bottom
$0C the 12 Top
?? the 36 for pdf, i don't see this one.

But there are other changes, at 45F0 one byte is added 00, and to the end 18 bytes were removed.

What do you use to edit compiled class files?

Thx for the hack, a very interesting one.
elchamaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:36 PM   #1609
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@elchamaco:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1577
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1588

@levante/7hir7een:

Also happens when you tweak the reader.pref file manually on a vanilla firmware, FWIW. (Which does permit one to gain a little bit of horizontal space, but not as much as with kaznelson's tweaked jars/JBPatch).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:53 PM   #1610
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaznelson View Post
zxczxc

JBE 0.1.1 - Java Bytecode Editor

ReaderSDK-impl-ln_LN.jar -> ReaderResources_-ln_LN.class -> Open in JBE
Q re JBE. Am I supposed to be able to edit the class file directly inside the jar file? JBE allows me to open the jar file and navigate to and select the class inside it, but when I click save method in the code edit tab, it says The system cannot find the path specified

I have JRE 1.7, win7 x64. there is no space or special char in path. unless it doesn't grok drive:\path

Last edited by Barty; 12-04-2013 at 01:58 PM.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2013, 11:00 PM   #1611
7hir7een
Reader of Books
7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Screensavers, new fonts, fontsize and marging hacks Ok.
Only this thing related with margin hack:
I figured out how to fix the margins for the page flip window. Similar to kaznelson's instuctions before... in the ReaderSDK-impl-en_GB.jar file, go to this:

com/amazon/ebook/booklet/reader/plugin/scrubber/ui/elements/resources/ScrubberUIResource_en_GB.class

Near the very end of that file, change the scrubber.preview.page_button.size value from 58 to something smaller (46 worked for me with my left and right margins on 30)

Only tested on PW 5.4.2
Old 12-04-2013, 11:08 PM   #1612
7hir7een
Reader of Books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
Q re JBE. Am I supposed to be able to edit the class file directly inside the jar file? JBE allows me to open the jar file and navigate to and select the class inside it, but when I click save method in the code edit tab, it says The system cannot find the path specified

I have JRE 1.7, win7 x64. there is no space or special char in path. unless it doesn't grok drive:\path
With JBE, I believe you could not save the class file unless you had extracted it from the jar. (I can't verify this, as I can't get JBE to run on my mac).

If you use another program called reJ, you can edit the class file from the jar and save directly, no extracting necessary.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:56 PM   #1613
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7hir7een View Post
I figured out how to fix the margins for the page flip window.
You searching, how to change font-size in a pop-up dictionary card?
By default - third size (?) from settings font-line...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
Q re JBE. Am I supposed to be able to edit the class file directly inside the jar file?
JBE required to unpack a class-file from jar.
kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:32 PM   #1614
7hir7een
Reader of Books

Quote:
You searching, how to change font-size in a pop-up dictionary card?
By default - third size (?) from settings font-line...
I haven't been able to find anything like that, unfortunately. It would be nice to make it smaller. I found a couple entries about system cards, but no settings for font size that I could see.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:20 AM   #1615
zxczxc
Addict
zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: PW
Quote:
zxczxc

JBE 0.1.1 - Java Bytecode Editor

ReaderSDK-impl-ln_LN.jar -> ReaderResources_-ln_LN.class -> Open in JBE

Methods -> <init> -> [0] Code -> Code Editor tab

For PW/PW2 edit values:

font.contrast.value.list : bipush 254 > sipush 254
font.wordsperline.margin.list [fewest] : 150 > 30
font.wordsperline.margin.list [fewer] : 100 > 20
font.wordsperline.margin.list [default] : 50 > 10
reader.content.leftMargin : 50 > 11
reader.content.rightMargin : 50 > 11
reader.content.topMargin : 40 > 12
reader.content.bottomMargin : 40 > 18
reader.progressbar.height : 25 > 18
reader.progressbar.footer.height : 40 > 18
reader.progressbar.margin : 40 > 18
reader.content.yMargin : 20 > 18
thanks for sharing
zxczxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:52 AM   #1616
Reagal
Reagal got an A in P-Chem.Reagal got an A in P-Chem.Reagal got an A in P-Chem.Reagal got an A in P-Chem.Reagal got an A in P-Chem.Reagal got an A in P-Chem.Reagal got an A in P-Chem.Reagal got an A in P-Chem.Reagal got an A in P-Chem.Reagal got an A in P-Chem.Reagal got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard
Thanks to kaznelson. The margins hack works perfectly on 5.3.9.
But how to make it works with another language interface, like as Spanish for example?

Last edited by Reagal; 12-10-2013 at 01:16 PM.
Reagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:49 PM   #1617
levante
Connoisseur
levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: kindle NT, PW1, PW2, Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reagal View Post
Thanks to kaznelson. The margins hack works perfectly on 5.3.9.
But how to make it works with another language interface, like as Spanish for example?
If spanish is your problem, here there is something for 5.4.2: http://www.lectoreselectronicos.com/...rfaz-espa%F1ol
levante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #1618
Reagal
Reagal got an A in P-Chem.Reagal got an A in P-Chem.Reagal got an A in P-Chem.Reagal got an A in P-Chem.Reagal got an A in P-Chem.Reagal got an A in P-Chem.Reagal got an A in P-Chem.Reagal got an A in P-Chem.Reagal got an A in P-Chem.Reagal got an A in P-Chem.Reagal got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard
Quote:
If spanish is your problem, here there is something for 5.4.2: http://www.lectoreselectronicos.com/...rfaz-espa%F1ol
Thanks a lot.
Gracias colega.
Reagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:28 AM   #1619
moonster
moonster can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.moonster can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.moonster can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.moonster can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.moonster can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.moonster can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.moonster can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.moonster can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.moonster can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.moonster can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.moonster can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi!
I need confimation or advice.
I have a jailbreaked FW w 5.3.9 firmware. Obviously the JBPatch gone.
So, my todo list:
- Downgrade to 5.3.4
- Install Kindlet
- Install JBPatch

After the downgrade my books were deleted?
Will the downgrade kill jailbrake?
Thank you!
moonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:11 AM   #1620
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonster View Post
Hi!
I need confimation or advice.
I have a jailbreaked FW w 5.3.9 firmware. Obviously the JBPatch gone.
So, my todo list:
- Downgrade to 5.3.4
- Install Kindlet
- Install JBPatch
Yep, pretty much. Note that you will need both prerequisites (dev certs and Kindlet JB), but you will realize it if either is missing, and can install them as required.

Quote:
After the downgrade my books were deleted?
No.
Quote:
Will the downgrade kill jailbrake?
No, not normally. But even in case it does, you can just re-jailbreak using your preferred method.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jbpatch, kindle touch hacks